New player from Surrey

werkzeug

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wanted to say hola to AFUK people, I'm looking for games near Woking, Surrey. I played with JG AEG's like 5-6 yrs ago in Turkey, left airsoft entirely because it was overwhelming to import the toys to my country. Luckily, it's not the case anymore.

I've spotted a place called Ambush Airsoft, probably it's good, I'm also planning to arrange a UKARA defence in the next months. Would be actually good to do some new friends and hobby in my new country.

Lastly, advice needed: Would you buy a two-tone or wait until UKARA registration? I've no issues with colouring and looks as long as it's done finely at all! Also, I tried to search for site rules but haven't seen anything regarding GBBR usage. It was strictly prohibited in Turkey, in the site I was playing, however it's not the same here as long as the stopping power remains below the limits.

Cheers!

Hi @werkzeug👋

read up on the forum and all your questions and thoughts will be answered by afuks very own brainboxes and boffins.

They are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.

Don't ask me though lol.

Enjoy and have fun and call your hits. 👍

regards

Welcome werkzeug 🖐

Have a look here for sites near you: UK Airsoft Map — PlayAirsoft

And then look for reviews of the sites to see if worth going.

We always recommend playing the 3 games to be UKARA registered because it also allows you to decide what kind of toy you'll want to get.

GBB is fine as long as its below fps limits same as AEGs

You'll need to check with site rules as they can vary but in general:

Auto capable: 350fps

Single shot: (No auto switch) 450fps

Bolt action: 500fps

With 0.2g BB

Thanks for the answers!

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Hi @werkzeug👋

read up on the forum and all your questions and thoughts will be answered by afuks very own brainboxes and boffins.

They are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.

Don't ask me though lol.

Enjoy and have fun and call your hits. 👍

regards

Eheh, good to know!

57 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Welcome werkzeug 🖐

Have a look here for sites near you: UK Airsoft Map — PlayAirsoft

And then look for reviews of the sites to see if worth going.

We always recommend playing the 3 games to be UKARA registered because it also allows you to decide what kind of toy you'll want to get.

GBB is fine as long as its below fps limits same as AEGs

You'll need to check with site rules as they can vary but in general:

Auto capable: 350fps

Single shot: (No auto switch) 450fps

Bolt action: 500fps

With 0.2g BB

That's a good point. Well done web site. Little question though, in order to run an airsoft site in UK, do you have to be UKARA registered? Or asking from the players side, are these airsoft sites found in the web site all UKARA registered?

Not sure about running an airsoft site but its certainly NOT possible to go to some empty woods and play.

Permits and insurance are minimum requirements.

As a player there is no requirement to go to a site and play.

Not sure if all the sites are UKARA registered so would need to look at their website or call.

But to be clear, UKARA exists only for retailers to satisfy the law regarding selling to legitimate airsoft players.

If a site is UKARA registered just means that they will record the number of times you play so that after 3 games you will be put on the list of airsoft players and given your UKARA number.  Then you can buy realistic imitation firearms. (RIFs)

Edited by EDcase

• 4 weeks later...

Well it’s possible, just probably not a good idea. 🤫

Just as conjecture:

I suppose if you ran a site that all the rental guns were two tones then UKARA wouldn’t be directly useful. But  being able to sign up players to the scheme has some value.

I imagine a truely reenactment themed site could get covered for rif’s that way but UKARA is mostly likely simpler.

Played at the old Ambush site and had a great time. Don’t know what it’s like now. If you do go I like to hear from a sort of newbie’s perspective.

Edited by The Waco Kid

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late with this post but nonetheless. First time at Ambush Airsoft (Surrey) last weekend, not sure why I haven't been there sooner! I absolutely loved it compared to my other site, much better game modes and map areas. They were actively digging trenches on Sunday with diggers and understand they are always adding new components to the field. Apart from the 3 games I've played this year elsewhere, I haven't been airsofting for over 10 years. I went alone 😢 but honestly had the best time, met some great people including the staff who were very helpful. Can't wait to go back and have already decided to go for the anniversary game this weekend.

@werkzeug

@The Waco Kid There's a newbie perspective for you, so much more I could say so hit me up if you want any other info!

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

On 04/05/2022 at 21:05, PrimeInsight said:

Bit late with this post but nonetheless. First time at Ambush Airsoft (Surrey) last weekend, not sure why I haven't been there sooner! I absolutely loved it compared to my other site, much better game modes and map areas. They were actively digging trenches on Sunday with diggers and understand they are always adding new components to the field. Apart from the 3 games I've played this year elsewhere, I haven't been airsofting for over 10 years. I went alone 😢 but honestly had the best time, met some great people including the staff who were very helpful. Can't wait to go back and have already decided to go for the anniversary game this weekend.

@werkzeug

@The Waco Kid There's a newbie perspective for you, so much more I could say so hit me up if you want any other info!

I’ve played couple of games there, since I’m running a GBBR now, I can’t really do full auto, and people going auto from far distances disabled me from the game mostly. I’ll do CQBR for a while, at least before getting set up with a secondary.

It’s a good place overall, I’m gonna probably do another game in there this month.

Hopefully mate! Got my tactical equipment setup now, ready to go.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.