P* Jack settings

Guest KiloGr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest KiloGr

Hi peeps

Got my HPA ARP done, was wondering some base good settings?  I know people say play around with it til it works right, but was wondering if there is like a base point where i could start closer to a good setting than doing everything from 99?  Struggling a bit!

What are your settings on?

Thanks!

I have a Jack in an SR series receiver so very similar, I run a 200mm 6.05 inner barrel and I run my dwell at 45. I think you could probably get yours down to 40 and then fine tune it from there.

There isn't really that much to tune on a jack, get the dwell to the point FPS starts to drop off and bump it back up by 2 points.

Guest KiloGr
37 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I have a Jack in an SR series receiver so very similar, I run a 200mm 6.05 inner barrel and I run my dwell at 45. I think you could probably get yours down to 40 and then fine tune it from there.

There isn't really that much to tune on a jack, get the dwell to the point FPS starts to drop off and bump it back up by 2 points.

Thank you - is it just the dwell i need to get down?  I want relatively high FPS, is there anything else i need to do in settings to achieve consistent feeding?

7 minutes ago, KiloGr said:

Thank you - is it just the dwell i need to get down?  I want relatively high FPS, is there anything else i need to do in settings to achieve consistent feeding?

I MEANT ROF, NOT FPS IM AN IDIOT

17 minutes ago, KiloGr said:

I MEANT ROF, NOT FPS IM AN IDIOT

You only have the option to change dwell. The lower it is, the higher your chance of feeding issues however mine happily feed at 40rps with settings I've mentioned.

I mean.... 35rps is heavy handed, the "fun" of a super brrrrrrt disappears when you end up changing mags after every trigger pull. 

Guest KiloGr
4 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

You only have the option to change dwell. The lower it is, the higher your chance of feeding issues however mine happily feed at 40rps with settings I've mentioned.

I mean.... 35rps is heavy handed, the "fun" of a super brrrrrrt disappears when you end up changing mags after every trigger pull. 

I see.  I have a drum mag which ive had feeding at 35rps on my other DSG arp9, was hoping to get similar performance here.  I think the default setting for the dwell is in the 30s?

Is Rf and Dp not relative to each other in that case?  If i increase Rf would i  have to increase the dwell too?

Thanks

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, KiloGr said:

Is Rf and Dp not relative to each other in that case?  If i increase Rf would i  have to increase the dwell too?

rf and dp are related.

dp set to its most effecient will place a hard limit on the rate of fire you can get before loss of performance as it's essentially time per shot. in an engine like the f2 the dp (and other) settings override the rf setting, so if rf is set higher than the system times your final rate of fire is however fast the rest of the system timings dictate.

on the jack it's the other way round, rf can overrule dp, so if your optimum dp is slower than the rf setting allows then your going to be under-volumed on auto (similar to an aeg when it gets a mild case of pme)

the way to tune this is to set the rf setting same as you set dp, only with bursts of auto instead of single shots.

however there's an even easier way to tune it- set it to 25rps, that way you're not "that guy" with the bb hoze.....

Guest KiloGr
14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the way to tune this is to set the rf setting same as you set dp, only with bursts of auto instead of single shots.

How do you mean by this?  Set my RF and then the DP accordingly?

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, KiloGr said:

How do you mean by this?  Set my RF and then the DP accordingly?

you set the dp in semiauto as @Steveocee says by decreasing incrementally until you get a drop in energy, then switch to auto and do the same process for increasing rf incrementally.

worth noting this should be done on your in-game ammo and in-game pressures, and if you significantly change your ammo weight on a regular basis then you'll need to do it again to get it set optimally.

Guest KiloGr
4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you set the dp in semiauto as @Steveocee says by decreasing incrementally until you get a drop in energy, then switch to auto and do the same process for increasing rf incrementally.

worth noting this should be done on your in-game ammo and in-game pressures, and if you significantly change your ammo weight on a regular basis then you'll need to do it again to get it set optimally.

Ahhh i see - so set Dp for semi by doing what you said on the same weight and ammo, shoot and decrease by a couple til i get a drop in FPS, set a couple higher than when started to loose FPS.

Then put to full auto, increase full auto by a couple on the same DP until it gives me issues and set to a couple lower on RF?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, KiloGr said:

Ahhh i see - so set Dp for semi by doing what you said on the same weight and ammo, shoot and decrease by a couple til i get a drop in FPS, set a couple higher than when started to loose FPS.

Then put to full auto, increase full auto by a couple on the same DP until it gives me issues and set to a couple lower on RF?

pretty much

it might be the case that there are feeding issues before you hit the max theoretical rf setting, depends on the mag/ammo.

Guest KiloGr
Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

pretty much

it might be the case that there are feeding issues before you hit the max theoretical rf setting, depends on the mag/ammo.

As i say have had my ARP DRUM feed 35 on aeg before, we will see!  Had to order a new hop, so waiting for that to come in then will do some testing

Thank you very much!  

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, KiloGr said:

As i say have had my ARP DRUM feed 35 on aeg before, we will see!

it can be the case that you can do X on a fully wound mag, but Y on an empty mag.

the issue i had when messing with this was i was running low pressures to be in the fps limit and on the first half dozen or so rounds in a midcap it couldn't feed.

but a redneck low-flow mod fixed that issue.

Guest KiloGr
48 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it can be the case that you can do X on a fully wound mag, but Y on an empty mag.

the issue i had when messing with this was i was running low pressures to be in the fps limit and on the first half dozen or so rounds in a midcap it couldn't feed.

but a redneck low-flow mod fixed that issue.

I see - might be a case of experimenting with different mags too.  Can always take the GB out and put in an M4 like the orginal plan and run some lonex / battleaxe clears that are known to feed super fast.

Guest KiloGr
1 minute ago, Steveocee said:

Pretty much this.

There is also that.  From memory it feeds fine on about 34-35 stock settings, full auto would only be for the occasional spray, cocking about and testing limits and the non hit takers.  Most of my action is running around close combat, so mainly doing the ROF for the shitz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.