Offers

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of having this feature on my classified (selling) ads? I'd prefer buyers to PM, so we can discuss any questions they have and establish whether they possess a suitable defence etc before I accept or decline an offer.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of having this feature on my classified (selling) ads? I'd prefer buyers to PM, so we can discuss any questions they have and establish whether they possess a suitable defence etc before I accept or decline an offer.

Personally don't mind an offers option, but it needs a comment box too, for example, a while back I sent an offer for something, seller accepted & pm'd me his PayPal, after I'd paid he then messages me to say I'd need to add x amount for p&p ???????? 😬, taking us back to his original price lol. 

I was too tired to argue the toss but needless to say a comment box on the offer screen would have made things clearer. 

I suppose in that case, it was an oversight regardless of using this feature. Discussing something first also gives me a better idea of who I'm dealing with. I wouldn't go ahead with it, if the buyer is a PITA from the get-go. If nothing else, can a counter offer feature be added? Sometimes the offer needs to be improved just a tad to cover postage and the such. I also think this feature encourages random/flaky offers, as it's easy just to type a figure in.....although that's possibly the nature of online selling anyway.

Meh, just my two cents. Not the end of the world is it.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Indeed, it's really no more than an expression of interest, and sometimes not even that.

I don't sell stuff here, but Gumtree is a bit of a chore where you're plagued with the "Still available m8?" button, and fantasists who just spam lowball joke non-offers at anything and everything.

I'd far rather open a conversation with a serious potential buyer rather than a chancer.

• Supporters

iirc last time i had an offer i just sent them a pm to have a more conventional dialogue and closed the sale that way.

tbh, i'm not really sure on the whole site-organization of things like offers, postage etc as it's kinda making the site a part of the transaction but not really as it's still just between 2 individuals.

that said, i'm not exactly doing a lot of buying/selling so it doesn't really matter all that much to me.

I'll only buy if the seller has 'make an offer'. I tend to sail past the set in stone,will not budge ads unless it's something I really really want and it's already a very good price.

If I can strike a deal for a few quid off or postage paid then I'm happy.😊

Regards

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

I'll only buy if the seller has 'make an offer'. I tend to sail past the set in stone,will not budge ads unless it's something I really really want and it's already a very good price.

If I can strike a deal for a few quid off or postage paid then I'm happy.😊

Regards

You’ll never buy anything from me then, I never include ‘offers’. My price is my price, unless we’re mates.

If we are, I might just give it to you 🤣

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

You’ll never buy anything from me then, I never include ‘offers’. My price is my price, unless we’re mates.

If we are, I might just give it to you 🤣

Fair enough, mate 😉

Regards

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.