ARP9 Motor Replacement help

Praxeti

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got an ARP9 thats stock motor has died on me this weekend.

Looking for a motor replacement for it that isn't gonna ruin the internals, which are all stock apart from a gate aster being included in it.

I've been recommended warhead motors, but would they ruin the internals?

If not, any recommendations on which one to get?

And if so, any different recommendations?

Clueless with this tech stuff.

If you have the money the warhead should be one to consider but if funds are more limited then I'd atick to the ifrit motors, they are usually solid performers.

15 hours ago, Praxeti said:

I've been recommended warhead motors, but would they ruin the internals?

If not, any recommendations on which one to get?

The ARP-9 comes with 18:1 gears so in theory even the ultra high speed 52k one would work, obviously you're looking at silly RPS numbers like 27/30 RPS on a 7.4 and FUCK YOU on a 11.1..

At those numbers you'll need to do some short stroking here and there and maybe replace the piston (if you're still running the stock plastic one) + heavier spring to compensate.

I just got two High Speed ones (36k) which I will be testing tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Praxeti said:

And if so, any different recommendations?

Actually the G&G Ifrit the ARP comes with is a pretty decent motor! Nice balance between RPM and torque, when I had the ARP-9 I was kinda surprised by the performance!

Although, it's a bit pricy at €50 so I'm not sure I'd recommend it given that there are on par alternatives for less.

It all depends on what you want from your gun, if you want "trigger response" then I'd suggest a ZCI 22tpa High Torque, if you want dank ROF then a SHS High Torque might be the one for you, or maybe you want to look at the ASG Boost offerings.. Apparently the german shop Begadi has some giga cool motors too, but you guys being UK based might be a problem with customs and import fees.

I would stay away from those motors marketed as "High Speed" because they draw an awful lot of amps thus tend to kill normal sized batteries, they don't have much torque so they struggle with tougher springs and generally they get warm (read scalding hot) pretty quickly.

I woukd also check that it even has an Ifrit in the first place

Have seen some with them, and some with the G&G grey motor, and some with the blue.  Doesn't seem to be a standard motor in them, unless that's changed in the last year or so

• 1 month later...

Hi fellas, sorry for the slow replies - appreciate the updates!

Threw an exact replacement in the end, and the Rif now has 13:1 gears in.

Will consider a warhead in the future though!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.