Best delivered-to-door 2.32J spring sniper for non poors?

Rogerborg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had a play with the Steyr Scout a few weeks ago and it was lovely! Very short and light! 

The marshal only had 0.4's in it at the time but they flew! I believe Mustang has been using one totally stock for his last few videos as well.

Worth a look for sure.

Downside is the proprietary mags.

The scout is great, had it for a few months but only managed to game with it a couple of times so far.

Out of the box it's very good, but there's a few small & easy things to do to make it better without spending loads.

I've put heat shrink on the spring guide to remove some noise on firing, and installed a modify h nub to let it lift heavier ammo easier. (I use 0.45s)

Other than that it's good to go as is.

Bolt pull is light & smooth at full power too.

img_2_1648901299338.jpg

On 25/03/2022 at 19:49, Rogerborg said:

If someone wanted to purchase a bolt action airsoft gun that shoots at 2.32J ("500fps"), with the highest likelihood of being consistent at 60m with 0.45g BBs without needing anything else done to it, where would they be looking?

No HPA, no CO2, no propane.  Form factor and platform is flexible.  "Delivered to door" covers stock guns, and buying from a pre-upgrader who actually knows what they're doing and can actually deliver in the next 6 weeks.

Not "Buy this, if it's in stock, then install these parts if you can find them, then do that to it, then hope for the best".

If Mila Kunis said "Send me one box containing the best bolt action sniper at UK energy limits and maybe you're in with a chance, big spender", what would you waste your money on?

I know somebody is seriously considering selling a completely sorted SRS that easily achieves that, he’s in Yorkshire, you @Rogerborg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, leadly said:

Downside is the proprietary mags

Hmm, internerds reckon that it's based on the SSG24, and the Modify mags do look similar.  Not that there are loads of the SSG24 mags kicking around.

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, internerds reckon that it's based on the SSG24, and the Modify mags do look similar.  Not that there are loads of the SSG24 mags kicking around.

My mate at UKFOB has just chucked another 10k order in with Nov, so that may be an option.

I'm at Anzio with him tomorrow, so if I remember, I'll ask if he's got any on his order!

I'm assuming they'll be a few Nov snipers on the order as well so you may have an option there. I won't tell anyone if you order one, I promise! 😂

Edited by leadly

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, leadly said:

I'm assuming they'll be a few Nov snipers on the order as well

Cards on the table, I like the SRS and the Steyr Scout, but the SSG10 is £100 less and ticks all the right boxen.  I've been F5'ign UKFOB since I started this thread. ;) 

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Cards on the table, I like the SRS and the Steyr Scout, but the SSG10 is £100 less and ticks all the right boxen.  I've been F5'ign UKFOB since I started this thread. ;) 

I'll try and find out what Paul's got coming in then. Might be worth dropping him a message to see if you can reserve one!

On 02/04/2022 at 20:46, Rogerborg said:

I've been F5'ign UKFOB since I started this thread. ;) 

That's a good shout. The six week delivery time and BF issues have put me off ordering a RIF directly from Novvy Boy. I was so annoyed when I saw Bullseye Country Sport had the SSX23 for a reasonable price.

• Supporters

Actually, on reviewing some reviews, I'm now hot for the TAC-41, because:

1. It's got 41 volumes rather than 33.5 or so.  This means softer springs and an easier pull for the same puff, it seems.

2. Apart from the feed ramp - which might be sorted in more recent examples - it doesn't seem to need anything doing other than a spring change.  Even SRS owners seem to think it's an improvement.

3. The bolt / cylinder removal procedure for a spring change is amazingly simple, it doesn't require any disassembly at all (other than getting a tool out of the stock).

4. I can actually get it in stock, plus magazines and springs at reasonable prices.

5. Comes in beige, the best colour (although the grey might be even bester).

A little more weight than I'd like, but I can just beefcake up.

Any strong objections?

On 04/04/2022 at 19:15, Rogerborg said:

Actually, on reviewing some reviews, I'm now hot for the TAC-41, because:

1. It's got 41 volumes rather than 33.5 or so.  This means softer springs and an easier pull for the same puff, it seems.

2. Apart from the feed ramp - which might be sorted in more recent examples - it doesn't seem to need anything doing other than a spring change.  Even SRS owners seem to think it's an improvement.

3. The bolt / cylinder removal procedure for a spring change is amazingly simple, it doesn't require any disassembly at all (other than getting a tool out of the stock).

4. I can actually get it in stock, plus magazines and springs at reasonable prices.

5. Comes in beige, the best colour (although the grey might be even bester).

A little more weight than I'd like, but I can just beefcake up.

Any strong objections?

Did you end up committing to the TAC-41? I've been very tempted by either the TAC-41 or SRS myself, but considering I've a functionally sound SSG24 already I can't really justify it. Not yet at least.

What I have talked myself into getting next though is a HPA converted VSR-10.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Giacobbe said:

Did you end up committing to the TAC-41?

After a funding call with my backer, I'll be pulling the fully-adjustable trigger on a purchase tomorrow after a call to ask about wut spring 4 unlimated powah.

One one hand, I appreciate that Silverback quote their springs in Newtons, and I understand that Joule creep is a very real thing. It does make it somewhat of a guess to know what to chuck in there though.  100N or M140, could go either way.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

After a funding call with my backer, I'll be pulling the fully-adjustable trigger on a purchase tomorrow after a call to ask about wut spring 4 unlimated powah.

One one hand, I appreciate that Silverback quote their springs in Newtons, and I understand that Joule creep is a very real thing. It does make it somewhat of a guess to know what to chuck in there though.  100N or M140, could go either way.

The Tac41 ?, or summat else ?, did you look up the one I pm'd you about ? 

Also, How many question marks is too many ? 🤔

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Tackle said:

The Tac41 ?, or summat else ?, did you look up the one I pm'd you about ? 

TAC-41, and I'd rather buy new since I'm spending someone else's money.

Althouuuuuugh... 🤔

[EDIT] @Skullchewer very selfishly flogged his SRS to some chancer who turned up with cash today, so I've pulled the fully adjustable trigger on a new TAC-41 from Skirmshop.

While I like the bullpup form factor, the TAC-41 gets lots of love, rotary TDC hop looks like the future, plus that bolt and spring change!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.