UPS RIF Declaration for Parts

0mega

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of help. I've had an Evike order of parts held by UPS. There is a plethora of threads on importing RIF's and handling this documentation but can't find the relevant information in regards to Parts.

The part in question is a (not cheap) Laylax Nitro RIS Guard. Attached is a picture of the item.

The form sent through by UPS is for 'RIF' Declaration. I've also attached this form for reference.

RIF declaration_blank.pdf
I was an ehobbyasia regular shopper years ago and never seen anything like this.
It's very geared towards the import of actual RIF's and I'm struggling to decipher what is and isn't needed here.

I don't have a valid UKARA number, It's been over a decade since I last Skirmished, I'm just trying to get back into it and step 1 was to resurrect my old guns. I don't believe under the UKARA/VCRA I'm required to provide a skirmisher number for this part but the document appears to be written in such a way that it requires it.

Any help is appreciated.

58458.jpg

Edited by 0mega

Brought a part (mock silencer) from Evike late last year, didn't have UKARA then and got hit by the exact same form by UPS. I think the word Airsoft in the shipping content triggers the flag for this process. 

For me (completely glossing over the shambles of their communications), I fill in what I could to support my claim (i.e No velocity, its a part, not a RIF, playing with an organization, no UKARA as not importing RIF etc.) They released it fairly quickly after I sent the form back to the right person. Not that I would guarantee its the same for you, given import orders are risky and next person could be completely different, but hope that helps.

I had the same thing as Alvin and it was totally fine (short version I pretty much answered no or n/a to every question which didn't specify parts)

There is a question whereby if you put "yes" to RIF parts, they want you to "confirm the use of the RIF as above" - I did mark the question as "yes" but did not confirm the use of the RIF "as above" cause.. it's not a RIF.

I may be paranoid but I'd encourage anyone who has this form for parts to not include anything vaguely "ukara-ry" or "defency", just in case they start demanding ukara or whatever for just parts. I still have a copy so if you want to take a look let me know and I can ping it over.

Edited by GeorgePlaysAirsoft

Be prepared for UPS to be an absolute bunch of c**** about it.

They have no legal right to ask those questions, but try to tell them that and you’re in for a whole world of pain. 

• Supporters

Oof, thanks for including the PDF.  That's a hot mess right there. It's encouraging that they even know about airsoft and distinguish between RIFs and IFs, but doing it for parts is going over-and-above what they're required to do.

For one thing, you could put that part on a day-glo orange base and it still wouldn't be a RIF.

I'd hope it's just some jobsworth covering his back by requiring completed form, but not giving a stuff about the actual details.

@Johndaniel4863will probably be a good help here.

I would be inclined to tick for ‘RIF parts’ but stress the parts element for shroud only, and avoid too much in the UKARA /Defence area other than making it clear that it is for parts only which don’t require a defence

Its interesting that the paintball section only refers to making a velocity compliance statement, and the airsoft skirmisher section is UKARA specific.

Whether or not a paintball gun can be a RIF or not is a different discussion - a Home Office letter on that exists, and isn’t entirely conclusive 

Thanks for your responses everyone.

4 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I had the same thing as Alvin and it was totally fine (short version I pretty much answered no or n/a to every question which didn't specify parts)

There is a question whereby if you put "yes" to RIF parts, they want you to "confirm the use of the RIF as above" - I did mark the question as "yes" but did not confirm the use of the RIF "as above" cause.. it's not a RIF.

I may be paranoid but I'd encourage anyone who has this form for parts to not include anything vaguely "ukara-ry" or "defency", just in case they start demanding ukara or whatever for just parts. I still have a copy so if you want to take a look let me know and I can ping it over.

I agree completely about the the requirement to provide a ukara defence for this stuff.
And did this get through okay? Would you mind pinging yours over? I think I understand what you mean but want to get this right as not to cause any grief. There is indeed two questions on 'RIF Parts'.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Oof, thanks for including the PDF.  That's a hot mess right there. It's encouraging that they even know about airsoft and distinguish between RIFs and IFs, but doing it for parts is going over-and-above what they're required to do.

For one thing, you could put that part on a day-glo orange base and it still wouldn't be a RIF.

I'd hope it's just some jobsworth covering his back by requiring completed form, but not giving a stuff about the actual details.

Yes the form distinguishes RIF's and IF's but not for parts, it seems to imply any parts must be for a RIF but I could be wrong. This sort of stuff actually opens up another can of worms/questions for me in my situation, but I will avoid opening in here. This particular part being a RIS Cover/Shroud I wouldn't have saw as an issue personally.

2 hours ago, Johndaniel4863 said:

I have just had a quick look through that form and its certainly not a UKBF form but i do know that its an in house form for the UPS agent/broker to complete to cover themselves, and/or to confirm that you are shipping items in line with their allowed items.

I am not aware of any customs/import legislation that covers accessory parts such as handguards and shrouds as they arent covered under firearms act 1967 (as they are not for real firearms eg surpressors that require a FAC) and therefore they would not be classed as a prohibitive and or restrictive item for UKBF.

I know my airsoft partner in crime got one today from UPS for a Novritsch order...and the tracking was updated the same day to say its completed and en route for tomorrow instead of today....see the attachments. 

Thats just my 2pence worth

Screenshot_20220322-191525_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20220322-191537_WhatsApp.jpg

I haven’t completed the form yet but mines seems to have just done that too.. will see what happens tomorrow I guess.

7F964E0B-DE8C-451E-99F9-128309D30575.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Followed your guidance and it seems to have passed through without issue.

Should be here on Monday. 

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Bullshit customs have raised a query, UPS are just a bunch of *****

Well when I saw that I rechecked the order sheet from Evike and it looks like they've sent the item under commodity code: 99305 9950.. a harm code.

I'm clueless with this stuff. All I can do is reiterate that I don't have a UKARA number and that the part is neither a RIF or IF, has no velocity and doesnt resemble a firearm and hope for the best.

I'm just worried the harm code will snowball things.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Kinda related necropost, so I've been waiting approximately 10 days for an item from Germany, nothing gun or Airsoft related, essentially just a small basic part for a bit of garden kit. 

After 4 days I chased up the sender for tracking info, & as you can imagine my heart sank when the guy mentioned ups, & sure enough they're slow as fuck, so far it's travelled 669km at an average speed of 4kmh ffs, & just got in to the clearing facility at Stanford-le-Hope, & then I looked at how long it could take to clear there, look at the potential longest time🤯

Screenshot_20221104_182018_com.huawei.browser.jpg

If you’re close enough, go in, demand to speak to a supervisor and insist they go get it for you.

They sat on an expensive Holosun of mine and claimed they lost it. I camped in their front office for four hours but got it in the end

• Supporters

It's in Essex, more North of the county, I'm on the most southern side of Kent (I can literally hear the waves on the beach right now, so picking it up isn't an option. 

To be honest it's not a major part, so to speak, I was just gobsmacked at how slow ups are, doesn't help I've previously worked at FedEx for 10 years in their international division, so getting stuff around the world, often next day, or two at the most, was the norm. 

Tracking is now saying delivery on the 8th ?, 

We'll see lol😏🤞

• Supporters

Ffs, it's just arrived, I thought "great", opened the box, they've only sent the wrong fuckin part🤬

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

Ffs, it's just arrived, I thought "great", opened the box, they've only sent the wrong fuckin part🤬

Ah, that wonderful German precision and efficiency!

• 10 months later...
58 minutes ago, PewPew4U said:

Just found this thread.  I was looking through to find out what this RIF form is that UPS want me to sign. Have ordered a GHK AUG and spare MAG from WGC shop, wonder how this is gonna go...

They ought to send you declaration forms that need to be completed, but the original post still has the 2022 PDF declaration linked amongst the text

2 hours ago, PewPew4U said:

Just found this thread.  I was looking through to find out what this RIF form is that UPS want me to sign. Have ordered a GHK AUG and spare MAG from WGC shop, wonder how this is gonna go...

That's odd. I ordered a RIF from WGC a couple of months back and it was delivered by UPS no problem.

Assuming you've got UKARA and stated it in your details when you ordered?