Sales post - no dates

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Something I’ve noticed more and more lately, people contacting me about old adverts.

99% of the time they’re marked as sold, but there is no obvious date, I’ve had people contact me about ads from three or more years ago.

Any chance we can have an obvious date added for when the ads are posted?

cheers

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Something I’ve noticed more and more lately, people contacting me about old adverts.

99% of the time they’re marked as sold, but there is no obvious date, I’ve had people contact me about ads from three or more years ago.

Any chance we can have an obvious date added for when the ads are posted?

cheers

Don't blame the admin/forum, or the members for this, it's all on YOU, if you could just stop selling all that uber nice kit, this wouldn't be an issue. 

Own it & move on😜

download (7).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Supporters

Fureniku

AF wont let me remove posts, so on the off chance you're checking my profile before emailing,

No, the item marked as completed over three years ago is not still available.

^^^

That, basically.

I think I'm going to add a date and edit the main body of my adverts in future to make it explicitly clear that the item has sold and no longer available. I've had quite a few messages about completed items.

30 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think I'm going to add a date and edit the main body of my adverts in future to make it explicitly clear that the item has sold and no longer available. I've had quite a few messages about completed items.

Don't you have to first renew adverts to edit them? I guess that'd be fine for anything current, just not the old stuff.

Just now, Cr0-Magnon said:

Don't you have to first renew adverts to edit them? I guess that'd be fine for anything current, just not the old stuff.

Good point - just tried to edit an old one - you can't.

My future adverts with have...

SOLD

...in bold size 72 text added to the advert body before marking them as complete. Hopefully that will get the message across.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

And I'm still getting messages from stuff I've posted 4-5 years ago..............................................................................................................................................

Offering swaps from the BT33 postcode?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.