New guy in staffs

Richyboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone so im planning on taking up airsoft i am from stafford and plan on visiting the frontier airsoft down here what are the people like around stafford as i will likely be solo and all this is new to me the only thing greener than me right now is the grass lol thanks everyone.

Welcome 🖐

Don't worry, we all started green and many solo too.

Just do plenty of reading to get an idea what to expect.

Search the forum for beginner tips etc and read the sticky posts.

You might even be contacted by someone who goes to Frontier Airsoft

Welcome. Your gonna love it! First tips as a newcomer myself in October. Get some nice eyepro and lower mesh mask as your first purchase. Save buying a gun until you get a UKARA defense. Talk to as many people  at the site as possible when you start going. Get to know the kit etc and start working out what you want from the sport so you are better informed when it comes to purchasing your own kit. And lastly geek out on YouTube vids and forum posts here. I found that bit easy as I love geeking out on new things I get interested in. I felt I already knew so much about everything before I even acquired my UKARA. So when I finally dropped a massive wad on my kit I felt I definitely knew what I wanted. And so far I wasn't wrong. It all played off in the end.

I also mostly play solo. But I find that helps talk to new people on game day and get out of my comfort zone. Don't be shy to ask people about their guns and kit. They will happily talk your head off about it all 😂

Welcome man.

My first ever game day was at frontier and I've been a good few times since.

Everytime I've been, I have always felt welcomed by staff and other players. They have had a number of owners over the years but theyve all been good. It's a site that I would always go back to.

The site itself is woodland that has a small "range like" part to the left with obstacles (caravan, old hay bales rtc) and then the main game area to the right, which is woodland is shaped like a bowl with a small fortification in the middle and a few little hides holes.

Dont worry about being new, there's always new players no matter what site you go to. Everyone starts off as a new player 😁

If your based in Stafford, have a look at Stormforce (Rugeley) and Anzio Camp (Leek, but its days are numbered due to some work planned for the site; defo try this 1 before it goes). Theres also a Cqb site in stoke ran by West Midlands airsoft.

Good luck and perhaps see you on the field one day.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hey @Richyboy, welcome to the forum. There are a few good sites near you. Not so long ago, I tried West Midlands F.O.B.

Frontier Airsoft is on my list as well, though it’s a bit further out (I’m based in Greater Manchester). Don’t worry about going solo, airsoft is well known for being a welcoming hobby for newbies. All you need to do is ask someone about their guns or gear and you’ve got a “friend for life.”

See you around!

Depending on where you are you are based in "Staffs", another site for you to try out could be Ace Airsoft .

I normally go with a few mates and usually see another forum member ( @strykerles ) there.

On 19/03/2022 at 19:09, shadowfacex said:

Don’t worry about going solo, airsoft is well known for being a welcoming hobby for newbies. All you need to do is ask someone about their guns or gear and you’ve got a “friend for life.”

100% agree with this, I was a bit unsure when starting and did wonder how "clique(y)" people were at Airsoft, but the people I've met are very welcoming and you find yourself upholding this attitude when you see new guys joining.

Don't forget, we are adults running around the woods with toy guns 😂

32 minutes ago, Brophy said:

Don't forget, we are adults running around the woods with toy guns 😂

Speak for yourself🙂

I revert back to childhood when I get out there. Tantrums,wetting myself and sulking when I don't get my own way.🤭

Good to see you back. Been on holiday?

Regards

25 minutes ago, strykerles said:

where you been hiding @Brophy

Unfortunately been quiet busy with the new house etc, plus winter is just depressing! Nearly over the finishing line, so plan on getting over to Ace on 24th April!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.