Let's talk pants!

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yo,

I'll cut straight to the point:

My fat arse needs a new pair of trousers, in ranger green.

Here's a quick list of requirements:

• Internal kneepads (as an alternative just pockets for some soft ones)

• Plenty of movement range

• Accepts a FRV tailoring inner belt (2")

• Preferably not repros/Airsoft products

• Not too many pockets

• Ranger Green of course, or some variation

Now, I also happen to have short legs (my inseam is around 74/75cm, 30 inches) because why would I have a regular sized body when I can be a literal sack of shit :D

Budget is around €150, I can stretch to 250 but that's the absolute limit so Crye Precision is out of my league.

Any suggestions?

105cm waist (ish), 74cm inseam.

Should translate to 38-40/30 according to Uf Pro's website.

I've been wearing claw gear trousers for while and found then to be really good. I've even transitioned my work wear from snickers etc to the clawgear. Raider and operator versions should booth meet your criteria, and number of pockets is less of an issue in the raider as they all lay flat. Operator version has less pockets overall

I made the move to bib and braces for my workwear. Loads of advantages over trousers, the main one been you never have to pull them up and can load the pockets however you want.

The other huge advantage is they stop draughts down your back.

https://workwearnation.com/collections/bib-brace/products/snickers-0312-craftsmen-one-piece-trousers-duratwill-olive-green

Edited by Iceni

• Supporters

While not exactly what your asking about, my health issues in recent years meaning an inability to exercise has meant I've put on a bit of timber, & more importantly trousers fit me fit me differently if that makes sense ?, as a result I always seemed to be pulling them up, like all the time, combination of no waist & rugby players thighs, & when Airsofting I keep splitting combats just below the zip/fly buttons, I'd like to say it's due to my ample tackle (hence the username😜) but it's really the waist thigh fitment issue. 

BUT recently I've discovered Karrimor Panther trousers, come in a number of colours including a pretty authentic od-ish green, & they stretch in EVERY direction, not only the most comfortable thing to wear, they look reasonably smart & no chance of me splitting them when squatting etc. 

Bought them in every colour, including 2 prs in green, & looking forward to trying them in a skirmish. 

Why not try a pair, around £27 each or sports direct UK are doing 2 pairs for £40, so their cheap enough to butcher a second pair for adding kneepad pockets etc ? 

https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-panther-trousers-mens-441630#colcode=44163016

PS im 38 waist, xl fits me👍

Thanks guys for your suggestions!

I'm gonna be using them, apart from regular game days every now and then, for long events, 24h+ where there is a lot of hiking involved (I have an event in May which is about 21h and I fully expect to walk around for at least 40 kilometres if not way more), so plain BDUs are out of question.

I have a couple of hiking pants but to be completely honest I don't trust them with walking through very very thick vegetation and thorns, they might last but I'm not taking chances, because spending two days naked isn't fun lol.

So, as of now, I have looked at Uf Pro's P-40 all terrain pants, Claw Gear's offerings, OPS stealth pants and Pentagon Wolf combat pants.

There is a more expensive option and that is S.O.D. Legion trousers, a couple of teammates have them and they look really nice, but they're way up there in terms of price and I feel like if I have to splurge, might as well get a pair of Cryes or Patagonia (or the likes).

• 1 month later...

Almost two months later, an update!

Life's been a twat and didn't have much disposable income until last week, but I kept looking at the various options.

In the end I went with the Claw Gear Mk II Combat Operator Pants because of the stretchy material on the butt, zipper ankle closure and lack of extra, unnecessary pockets.

At €140 they're not even that expensive, right within my initial budget (teammates kept recommending SOD gear, but it's right on par with Crye regarding price and, as previously stated, if I had to spend that much I would have gone with Crye.).

I did take a gamble on sizing, ordered a 38/32 which is, theoretically, a perfect fit for me. If it ends up being a little tight, I'll take it as an incentive to lose some weight :D A size 40 would be definitely too large, even for me.

38" is bang on for my body, still a tiny bit of slack.

32" inseam is a touch long but I can live with it (I wish they made a 30" inseam, would've been perfect)

zkMih2T.jpg

B9uW3TY.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.