Looking for decent pair of boots

matas17

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I can only wear milsurp boots or made to measures.  Fit is everything.   Many firms only do standard width.  

The milsurp stuff is size consistent too.  Find what fits and you are safe to buy another pair online.  

German paras, British highlegs, etc are classics cos they work. 

3 hours ago, Aengus said:

Anyone use safety boots? Would be nice if I could use them for work as well.

I used to.  Cheapo Redwoods were fine and had a welted sole.  Several brands do safety or none safety versions, Cat for one.

Unfortunately,  my previous life as a ballet dancer meant that fit was not what it could have been.  

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve got some mid cut regatta boots that were on sale for £27. Done me the last six months just fine, very lightweight so should be good all through the summer.

Had all sorts of fancy booties over the years, low cost does me fine unless I have a specific theme kit on. Even then running (whatever that is) in a pair of Lowe Mountain boots is not on my to do list.

I did love my Odin OTB’s but they were pre new balance so no longer around. Sold them for more that I paid, the only bit of airsoft kit that was an investment!

I'm a big convert to Merrells, bought a pair after my boss waxed lyrical about them and have worn the hell out of them since about august 2020, including 2 skirmishes. Waterproof, comfortable, don't make your feet smell and not all that expensive for the quality. You can get them in your usual 'outdoorsy' type stores but I found mine in my local Sports Soccer.

• 1 month later...
On 18/03/2022 at 21:01, mightyjebus said:

The AKU's I mentioned above (https://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/footwear/british-army-issue-aku-boots-grade-1-1537724.html) just turned up as I was after another pair.

Photos for reference. Looks like someone wore them for about 5 minutes as there isn't a mark on them. Even the soles look brand new. They retail for £170-£150 but I got these for £51.99 all in.

20220318_205511.thumb.jpg.2cd95fa5b9573b5046a38fa020ebf221.jpg20220318_205524.thumb.jpg.40183921be407fa1f335d54c8296991f.jpg

You might want to spend an extra tenner in a set of insoles for them.

They are great light boots.  I wear them as my everyday shoes, unless I am wearing a suit, in which case I wear black Iturri patrol boots.

However, I am not sure I would rely on either of them for airsoft, mainly because I tore my Achilles' tendon on Dartmoor last summer and prefer something more solid now.

Since the Achilles incident, my go to boots for serious walking, such as a week on Dartmoor, are Iturri cold wet weather boots; they are utterly solid and extremely comfortable, although you do need to buy a size larger than you usually take.

For airsoft, I am currently wavering between the Iturri CWW boots and Bundeswehr issue Haix Commander GTX.  Both are available for about £50-£60 on eBay.

On 18/03/2022 at 19:07, Aengus said:

Anyone use safety boots? Would be nice if I could use them for work as well.

I personally think this is a bad idea.  Whilst the ankle support would probably be great, they are generally too heavy/clunky/rigid for running around playing airsoft. I mean, if its either that or your trainers, definitely wear the boots. I'm a believer in getting the best footwear possible for whatever activity you're going to do.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.