The angry thread!

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I cant even remember the last time i was angry.

Officially the most chilled out guy ever. Fact.

You are the complete opposite of me.

wait for it, waaaait for it...

And that makes me ANGRY!

Currently:

Flying insects (except bees, they have a use)

Anarchists. Mostly because they aren't real anarchists. Baukunin would be spinning in his grave if he could see the crap 'anarchists' get up to these days. Face it guys, you're just a bunch of tossers who want to smash stuff. You're like Orks from 40K, only without the humourous element (and for now, thanks god, minus the guns).

• AF-UK Founding Member
Really pissed off and angry because my back bumper got damaged on my car and its costing me 700.00 to fix it. Not annoyed at the price just my own fking stupidity.

What is the damage like? I was quoted £560 odd for a job once yet did it myself for around £75.

Its the back right all the paint has came off and also around the top next to the back plate, i also damaged 2 of the parking sensors when i was removing all the plastic. I didnt put enough heat on the plastic and the glue pulled the paint work off. ( I had my full car wrapped in plastic for the summer and was quoted 900.00 to remove it, so i did it myself ) =(

• AF-UK Founding Member

If the sensors are still usable then I wouldn't worry too much, if they are dead then get rid of them all. If you can find a breakers/scrap yard with a car in your colour it should be pretty cheap to pick up a bumper and stick it on yourself. Even if it is the wrong colour you could always get it wrapped again.

Anyway.. nothing angering me today so I shouldn't really be posting :lol:

• Supporters

I'm angry because Dev isnt angry.

I'm also angry because the lad at work with me at the moment might as well be in a persistive vegitative state, and if he doesn't start working for his money and stop gobbing off thinking he's hard, I'll put his front teeth through the back of his throat (I've found that due to my size, most people don't like the idea of my getting physical with them, it usually makes them more co-operative, and this lad needs it).

Today, this lad comes in late. We go to start checking the birds for the morning at 7:30, but we need to cut the security tags off the sheds. He goes to get a penknife, and runs back to me with the blade out, jogging with it pressed against his stomach. I tell him off because he's presenting a hazard to himself and to me. He throws a fit and storms off. Does nothing till break at 9:00. At 9:30 we ask him to burn some waste, this consists of around 25 small cardboard boxes. He takes them, burns most, but lets a ton of cardboard blow about the yard, which could get the farm fined by the EPA. He also throws the only lighter on the site into the fire to see if it explodes. We can now no longer guarantee proper heating via our gas heaters to the birds, as if ones goes off we wont have a safe option to light it. Also, my supervisor smokes like a chimney, that was his only lighter, by this time it's 11:00 , if he has to go all day fagless, things will die. The job should have been done by 10:00.

At 11:00, we send him to muck out and feed up a shed, we're doing one shed each. This takes him till 12:00, it should take him till 11:30. When we check later, he hasn't actually mucked out, he's just added food on top of wet turkey crap, which goes stale and the birds wont touch, meaning it's wasted and the birds have no food they'll eat for approximately five hours.

At 12:00, we have break. At 12:30, we go into the fourth shed to set it up, he whinges all the way through, then starts claiming I didn't actually do my particular task (spreading and flattening down sawdust) very well, whinges until my supervisor gives him the rake and the tamping pole and tells him that he can do it on his own, since the supervisor thinks its fine, but if this lad, who's been there one 26th of the time thinks he knows better, he can do the whole shed no problem. He is given this task at 1:00, and at worst, it should take till 3:00. We leave the shed at 2:00 to go do other important bits.

3:45, Supervisor finds a lighter in the bottom of an ancient bucket of tools, it's good enough, he calms down, stops throwing things at other things.

At 4:00, he stops working, tells us it's been finished, he lied, he did nothing once we'd left. He then goes to shower before clocking out, this shower takes fourty minutes apparently. He's not actually allowed to shower out on company time, we're only allowed to shower in.

During the day, we also noticed that he was spitting in sheds, wearing his yard-boots inside sheds (we have to change our shoes for shed-specific boots whenever we go in a shed, for biosecurity). He also had a go at me for swearing, despite the fact that actually, I'm very clean mouthed compared to my supervisor (all the farm staff swear nonstop). The supervisor told him he was a pathetic little girl who should learn to deal with the stress of being on her period. This made him grumpy and instead of even talking, he just spent every minute after this grunting. He had a go at me for calling his name loudly when I needed him to turn off a leaking gas line early in the morning, because I disturbed his song on his iPod. We're not allowed iPods onsite, the sounds of the birds are very important to telling if they're well or not.

Here's the biter though.

The lad is the main boss' son. Like, the actual manager of all the sites. AND his sister, comes and does the same jobs, which involve getting elbow deep in buckets of turkey crap, and scraping it off trays with your hands, picking up dead birds and generally getting sweaty/dirty. He reckons he's some dead manly hardcase, but she puts him to shame, mostly because despite having only been with us 2 months, she's spot on, the only negative side to her is that she gets upset at herself because she takes a few minutes longer to do a few bits and pieces than my supervisor, who's been there 27 yearsish. His excuse for this, is that "girls are meant to work harder", which I think is utterly pathetic, sure, girls are our equals, but I mean, this is a rum job, it's gross and involves as much mankyness as there is in any job, it's a job done by rough losers who're covered in tattoos and settle everything by punching problem-objects or people, it's not a womens job. The lad goes to the gym to try body building, cause he wants to bulk up, but can't even do a proper days work.

If he crosses me again tomorrow, I'm going to give him a lesson in Krav Maga. Not that I condone violence. Violence is naughty. Especially against living things.

• AF-UK Founding Member

You should be happy now since I've been angry about some of the posts on here tonight.

Your job sounds pretty crap, haven't you thought of looking somewhere else? I know a job is a job but that seems like one of the last things you'd opt to do.

• Supporters

It's the lowest of the low in terms of work, it really is, fortunately I'm a student so it's only the summers.

I stick with it because it reminds me what education is about for me, it gets me fit, I can earn a few thou every summer and employers like the idea of someone who can do the worst jobs in the country well, it shows character.

But trust me, I'd rather do myself over than get stuck there. The worst bit is, I don't need to care about the work, it's guaranteed, they need me too much to fire me, so I could easily doss about all day, I'm not looking for company advancement and it's not like it's a permanent commitment, but my work ethic still beats out most of the full timers. It's frankly quite pathetic of them.

• Supporters
You should be happy now since I've been angry about some of the posts on here tonight.

Sorry Dev

it had nothing to do with me but i just felt i had to say something.

But back on topic i had set up a deal with a friend to buy a ps90 from me but he just told me aint gonna buy it anymore so basically people jerking around

OH YEA AND FOLK THINKING THINGS SHOULD BE FREE

Uve got no idea :P

Should be heading to the mall in a few weeks if I'm in luck though

please come this weekend book now :P

• Supporters

More frustrated than angry, but trying to teach my cat to open doors is impossible!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Like a glorious phoenix of red and gold, I am raising this thread from the ashes to soar through the skies above AFUK once again.

Student Finance. Anyone who knows anything about them won't even need me to explain why.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.