Glasses with goggles!

JoeH

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

as a glasses wearer, I have been struggling to find a trusted pair or prescription goggles. I went to my local airsoft store and the guy there recommended the Wiley x Spear goggles with the Rx insert.

Does anyone have these goggles and would recommend them before I buy? Because they are about £130 for both

thanks!

I used to wear the bolle pilopsi goggles a good while back. Very comfy and a good fit.

JoeH - have a look on safetyspecs.co.uk I've been using them for many years and never had any issues with the glasses.

I had bolle raiders with RX inserts cost about 30 for prescription lenses for them. But as the insert sits closer to your face they fogged instantly. Now I have a trial of contact lenses from specsavers. Never worn them before now. Tried them a few times since starting the trial and they are comfy. Not had chance to wear any on a game day yet but look forward to it. Its weird being able to see without any glasses on.

3 hours ago, Khyber said:

I had bolle raiders with RX inserts cost about 30 for prescription lenses for them. But as the insert sits closer to your face they fogged instantly. Now I have a trial of contact lenses from specsavers. Never worn them before now. Tried them a few times since starting the trial and they are comfy. Not had chance to wear any on a game day yet but look forward to it. Its weird being able to see without any glasses on.

Yeah I went to specsavers today, going to give those a go I think and see how I get on, then it broadens what eye pro I can use too!

After talking to a few people are games they said contacts were the best option if your able to get on with them. Good luck.

I started wearing contacts when I had issues with work eye pro, and if you can get in with them they are much better.

I know you asked for goggles, but I've been using these for the past 7/8 months:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-battle-pro-eye-protective-airsoft-glasses

I took the inserts to specsavers and they put lenses in for about £40 iirc, using my prescription. They do fog, obviously, but they're overall not too bad and seem to clear rather quickly. I absolutely love them.

I use ESS ICE 3 (glasses not goggles)with inserts as long as your moving I've had very little fogging but it does happen.

Though I have also been looking at the guard dogs evaders too think I might try those.

I’ve had success using Revision Bullet Ant goggles with prescription inserts. To improve airflow I removed the foam from inside the goggles and I’ve never had a problem with them fogging.

I can thoroughly recommend a company called Reglaze My Specs to fit the prescription lenses to the inserts too.

I had big problems with wearing glasses/fogging etc

thus is what I did ..

Revision specs (woth 3 different coloured lenses) on eBay for about £20-25, the compatible Rx inserts for £10 plus £19 to Reglaze my specs for the prescription Lens insert. So all sorted for around £50.

Another alternative is a Warq helmet.I was lucky and picked one up S/H for £100. Plenty of space for your glasses and absolutely no fogging up.

On 19/03/2022 at 19:29, Scythian said:

I’ve had success using Revision Bullet Ant goggles with prescription inserts. To improve airflow I removed the foam from inside the goggles and I’ve never had a problem with them fogging.

I can thoroughly recommend a company called Reglaze My Specs to fit the prescription lenses to the inserts too.

I used them too (but for glasses not goggles), would rate them 100%

I did do a loose review on them a while ago if you are interested @JoeH

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 21:52, JoeH said:

Hi, 

as a glasses wearer, I have been struggling to find a trusted pair or prescription goggles. I went to my local airsoft store and the guy there recommended the Wiley x Spear goggles with the Rx insert.

Does anyone have these goggles and would recommend them before I buy? Because they are about £130 for both

thanks!

As a fellow glasses enjoyer (:DDD) I'd recommend to get a Bolle Pilot Safety Googles because it's extremely cheap to compared to everything else and you can fully adjust it around your head. You have to get a lower face mask though otherwise you are gonna have a less than desirable smile after a few skirmishes. How about full face mask? Like Valken/Dye i4/i5 etc.?

Edited by Krisz

I would hands down agree Bolle Pilot are the best bang for buck with glasses and airsoft.

If you’re not overly active / sweaty / playing in humid environment they will be fine.

If you are a fogger then contact heroshark on here for some mesh OTG.

Mesh is the best anti fog period other than going contacts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.