Importing from Noviritsch (VAT & Customs Duty)

冬の月

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If its coming from Europe to UK then yes, you will have to pay 20% VAT of the total including delivery plus duty unless they have some arrangement.

Edited by EDcase

Also Border Force/UPS have had my SSX23 for a month now 😒

So be prepared to wait...and of course make sure you have an appropriate defence.

Just to add to this thread - I e-mailed the contact at the bottom of my "Notice of Detention for Imported Goods" letter with my UKARA details (number, site obtained, address registered to). They replied several days later advising that subsequently they could release the RIF. About three weeks later I finally received it from UPS (albeit missing the suppressor, outer box squished and covered in BF tape). At no point did I pay anything additional. I seem to recall reading on the Novritsch website that the amount at checkout did indeed include duty & taxes. I think someone did the import customs clearance "free of charge" too.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a bit more data from my recent experience.

Put a Novritsch order through on the 31st March containing a RIF above the £135 threshold. UPS delivered it today, parcel completely intact, with no sign of any tampering from Border Force. The packing slip sealed to the outside describing the RIF with my UKARA number on the reverse hadn't been removed either. No mention of UKARA anywhere else on the package. No additional imports fees were required, but the shipping line is described as 'taxes prepaid' if that carries any weight.

The UPS tracking on the other hand was terrible - a combination of vague updates and a rolling scheduled delivery date. I'd definitely take any scheduled/estimated delivery date with a pinch of salt and wait for the tracking to say it's departed the facility.

Sounds like you were fortunate. I'd wager there's no set procedure dictating that every RIF must be pulled by Border Force. Rather they have a quota of random inspections or when packages are seized, it's literally because the person handling it isn't familiar with the whole airsoft RIF/UKARA concept.

Definitely. It seems to be potluck which one of the two extremes you get.

Do you think there's any correlation between detention rates and the type of RIF being imported? It would be much more likely for a pistol to be used wrongfully as opposed to a sniper rifle for example.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Giacobbe said:

the shipping line is described as 'taxes prepaid' if that carries any weight

I strongly suspect that's the magic phrase.  Stuff bought from AliExpress claims it too.  Not that I have any real belief that it's actually being paid, but the incantation is there on the package.

I had the same experience with my 303. No issues importing, arrived a week after I ordered it, with no additional  import fees but UPS are a shower of shit! As you say, rolling delivery date, no comms and then they threw the box over my fence and left it sitting in the rain.

• 1 month later...

Easy answer is no. I bought an SSG10 plus extras for over £500 with no import fee’s. I checked this with novritsch and they ship with a UPS option that covers everything. Only thing you might need to complete is a firearms declaration, if it’s been sat in customs for a while I would recommend you call UPS and they’ll usually send it out once you give them a nudge. I’ve had to do it 3 times and had no issues once I rang them. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.