Are they serious? - Bolster Armouries 'Advanced' M4s and HiCapas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Yeah if you buy that AEG then buy all the other stuff they've put in/on it, factor in the time to make it and then make a profit it's going to cost something like that

It just won't though. You could buy all of that for about £1100 retail, including the £200 of external rubbish, and don't tell me its costs £300 to fit a titan, a motor, a new cylinder, and a hop.

It's a retailer doing the exact same idiocy as many airsofters with deep pockets do when they buy a TM and replace every part of it for no reason. Except you're being charged a premium for someone else to make the mistakes for you with the guise of it being done by "professionals". It's not being balked at because it's expensive, it's because it's f🤬ing stupid. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
40 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

It's a retailer doing the exact same idiocy as many airsofters with deep pockets do when they buy a TM and replace every part of it for no reason. Except you're being charged a premium for someone else to make the mistakes for you with the guise of it being done by "professionals".

This is just a meme imo. Plenty of great upgraded TMs out there (and a lot of bad ones!). Does a TM function insanely well out of the box? Absolutely, and it's target market and subsequent internals mean that you need to replace a lot if you want to do it properly.

But if you want "recoil" and a bolt stop, with semi-accurate mag capacity (inb4 load less bbs) then the TM's what can provide that. You then just adjust stats to match through upgrades. If you've got the money and know a tech that actually knows what to do, because it's their bread and butter, there's definitely a valid reason to upgrade them.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

31 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

But if you want "recoil" and a bolt stop, with semi-accurate mag capacity (inb4 load less bbs) then the TM's what can provide that.

Sure, for upgrading a system with recoil that makes sense. It makes a hell of a lot less sense to do the same to a standard aeg with no recoil system thats pretty good ootb, which is what the base krytac is. 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

unnecessarily foul reverse-snobbery

As you prefer plain speaking, I'll be absolutely clear: if you pay someone else that much to build you a toy gun to play pretend soldiers with, you're a complete and utter mental case.  Genuinely not right in the head, and probably going to end up as the subject in a page 5 regional news story involving a domestic tragedy.

No caveats, no nuance, no exceptions, no apologies.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
1 hour ago, Badgerlicious said:

Sure, for upgrading a system with recoil that makes sense. It makes a hell of a lot less sense to do the same to a standard aeg with no recoil system thats pretty good ootb, which is what the base krytac is. 

Right, but you mentioned TMs, and that's what I was talking about in turn.

E: But with these Krytacs in particular, yea I think there's diminishing returns for sure. I think though, considering the vast gulf in performance and interaction between various airsoft parts - i.e. how one tappet plate might not work so well in one AEG, but works great in another - there's a huge benefit in a standardized list of upgrades like this, from techs who perform the work consistently.

Standard disclaimer applies ofc that I have no idea how good these actually are

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

• Supporters
On 05/03/2022 at 19:07, Rogerborg said:

As you prefer plain speaking, I'll be absolutely clear: if you pay someone else that much to build you a toy gun to play pretend soldiers with, you're a complete and utter mental case.  Genuinely not right in the head, and probably going to end up as the subject in a page 5 regional news story involving a domestic tragedy.

No caveats, no nuance, no exceptions, no apologies.

Cool story, f*** you too c***.

First thought on seeing those prices is 'a fool and his money are soon parted', but there are presumably enough people out there who are money rich and time poor, who don't have the time to research and tinker to achieve similar results on their own, which probably makes this endeavour worthwhile for Patrol Base.  When I started out in airsoft I baulked at the prices for some (toy) guns, and didn't mind gutting internals of lower end stuff and fettling to make them shoot as well or better than more expensive stuff. But now having made the grave error of growing up, and having too many children and other responsibilities eating away at my time, I don't mind forking out for something a bit pricier that doesn't require completely overhauling to be satisfied with. Not £1.4k though. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.