Are they serious? - Bolster Armouries 'Advanced' M4s and HiCapas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looks like Patrolbase is taking a leaf from Dave at DCA's book on how to con *ahem* make money out of Airsofters...

£1.4K for this:

image.png.884e3999c49baa8ebd1578021c94a14e.png

A suped-up Krytac. Doesn't even have the TM appeal. You could build/buy a very nice HPA setup for waaay less money.

Then there's this - £1.2K for a Hi-Capa:

image.png.9dbb2f7fc8c9fb32bc48bbfc9c594ef1.png

I would expect either gun to be able a gnat's bollock at 100 paces for that kind of money.

I saw their FB post about these making a big song and dance about them being hand made. I didn’t realise how much they were taking the piss price wise 

Genuinely expected them to be about £400-500 give or take after reading what they had to say about it being custom made...but 1400 quid for what is essentially the Krytac REC7 upper/lower/handguard set and a bunch of overly expensive PTS/Magpul shite on it.

And while custom hi-capas can easily go for that price it's a total piss take for them to actually make something like that, the type of person to spend that much money on a custom built pistol is going to want something exactly the way they want it. Not £1200 worth of random CNC'd shite.

I just looked at these and as someone who likes to tweak and fine tune my RIFs to peak performance... these are awful. Could build better for less than half the price, not to mention I dislike the aesthetic.

Also, £1250 for a pistol? I like my expensive pistols and will usually spend about £350 on mine plus magazines, but £1250 for something that most people won't even use?

Well, I'm sure someone will buy these. I won't, but someone will.

Actually, £1250 for the hicapa is about right.

approx £1000 worth of parts individually plus assembly and tuning plus custom cerakoting. 
Most skirmishers won’t benefit From the outlay but if you are a speedsofter and only use it as your primary especially on hpa or a competition shooter the increased longevity of parts and reliability makes it a little easier to swallow the price. 
plus given that a decent tuned hicapa shoots as well as any tuned aeg then I’d personally rather put the money into the fully cnc  airsoft masterpieces hicapa than an internal tuned but still a pot metal krytac

Just noticed - they haven't even fitted a new gear set, they kept the Krytac OEM and replace the self-shimming spring on the spur gear with a spacer. I guess they are relying on the Warhead motor to 'upgrade' the RPS. I would also guess that it's using the OEM GB shell if using the stock gears.

And they have a £6 SHS piston in a £1.4k gun and touting it as a big deal. Nothing wrong with SHS, but it doesn't fit the absurd price tag.

The spec of this gun is, well, 'off' in my opinion. A real CTR stock....why? it just costs more and there plenty of decent clones - many would never know the difference. A mock silencer...why not a tracer unit? A set of BUIS that no one will use...why not a Vortex Crossfire?

I think Patrolbase is trying to create their own version of Umbrella Armory.

4 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Actually, £1250 for the hicapa is about right.

approx £1000 worth of parts individually plus assembly and tuning plus custom cerakoting. 
Most skirmishers won’t benefit From the outlay but if you are a speedsofter and only use it as your primary especially on hpa or a competition shooter the increased longevity of parts and reliability makes it a little easier to swallow the price. 
plus given that a decent tuned hicapa shoots as well as any tuned aeg then I’d personally rather put the money into the fully cnc  airsoft masterpieces hicapa than an internal tuned but still a pot metal krytac

I get that Hi-capas can be ludicrously expensive things, but at this price point, I would want a full custom build where I get to specify every part, colour and finish. For the money, I would want something 100% unique to me, with a low likelihood of ever seeing another the same...anywhere. Here, they are just 'production' guns churned out en masse.

What a load of keech.

I mean, if someone is enough of a fknugget to blow well over 1k on any of these toy guns, they're welcome to it and quite frankly deserve to be robbed.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Fixed it for you

robocop-id-buy-that-for-a-dollar.gif

• Supporters

is it bad that i could all but predict the parts list in that m4?

admittedly i'd have said maxx rather than pro-win for the hop, but guess they only took every even-numbered reply from reddit....

4 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

He'd give you back an upgraded CYMA and £1000

not gonna lie, looking forward to seeing luke get his hands on one of these....

21 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

admittedly i'd have said maxx rather than pro-win for the hop, but guess they only took every even-numbered reply from reddit....

It's not even properly wanky on the internals, no edgi barrel, no maxx hop up, not even r-hopped. 

It's okay though because you get two, yes, an entire TWO pts mags. 

dare someone to buy one two toned. 

Edited by Badgerlicious

I give it a full two months before we see the aforementioned two toned in our classifieds or Mack's. But then I am trying to be more hopeful....

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I give it a full two months before we see the aforementioned two toned in our classifieds

"Fully custom paint job, adds £200 all day long".

Or maybe that's just "factory custom" TM hi-capas. 🤔

2 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

not even r-hopped

I would love to hear Luke's "Skylaar" take on that.

• Supporters

19 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I would love to hear Luke's "Skylaar" take on that.

i mean part of me is genuinely curious as to the standard of workmanship in those guns.

although not £1300 curious.....

• Supporters

Yeah if you buy that AEG then buy all the other stuff they've put in/on it, factor in the time to make it and then make a profit it's going to cost something like that... ish.  Big whoop 🙆‍♂️

I've got a standard AR AEG build going on at LC's Engineering at the moment, will cost me a couple hundred more when all is said and done (spread out over many years), but it'll be far better in many, many ways.  At least as far as I'm concerned personally.  Most airsofters don't actually posses the depth of nerd knowledge relating to AR/AR AEG parts to know how to put together such a build though; sorry if that reads as pompous but believe me I do badly enough with the ladies to ensure you it is not - just a raw fact.

If you want a super duper gucci gun and you have the money then obviously there's lots of platforms you can choose from but I'd say the AR AEG probably has the widest choice of parts to use and hence most customisation potential, especially if you have/know someone that has a good die set and a mill.  Which is ironic because my own build when finished will look super generic and boring to 99% of people despite the rarity of the parts used, but I'm an objective weirdo like that.

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

Yeah if you buy that AEG then buy all the other stuff they've put in/on it, factor in the time to make it and then make a profit it's going to cost something like that... ish.  Big whoop 🙆‍♂️

I've got a standard AR AEG build going on at LC's Engineering at the moment, will cost me a couple hundred more when all is said and done (spread out over many years), but it'll be far better in many, many ways.  At least as far as I'm concerned personally.  Most airsofters don't actually posses the depth of nerd knowledge relating to AR/AR AEG parts to know how to put together such a build though; sorry if that reads as pompous but believe me I do badly enough with the ladies to ensure you it is not - just a raw fact.

If you want a super duper gucci gun and you have the money then obviously there's lots of platforms you can choose from but I'd say the AR AEG probably has the widest choice of parts to use and hence most customisation potential, especially if you have/know someone that has a good die set and a mill.  Which is ironic because my own build when finished will look super generic and boring to 99% of people despite the rarity of the parts used, but I'm an objective weirdo like that.

While you're right about the pricing of this I think what people are laughing at is that it's not going to perform much better than a £200 cyma with £200 of upgrades. I'll admit I've put more into my M4 than that but it's been built from the ground up to be exactly what I want. I can't see many people paying that much for something that isn't unique to them in some way

• Supporters

Well of course that's taken as read, but almost no assault rifle style RIFs that costs more than a good batch CYMA with (at most) 2-3 hundred worth of upgrades will offer better range and accuracy.  How much more of a dead horse can possibly be flogged than an idea that basic realistically?  In classic hypocritical fashion the highly ironically condescending and unnecessarily foul reverse-snobbery has always been very much alive and well on this board.  I don't see that ever changing so irrespective of it's pervasiveness I personally continue to come here anyway, because this is mostly a good site and definitely one of very few airsoft forums still left fairly active; most members are pretty decent folks overall.  I also feel it's pretty important to try and keep boards like this alive as alternatives to the shit shows that are most airsoft facebook groups of significant size and not highly specific.

I wasn't saying the Bolster is top value or that anyone should buy it, that's why I mentioned my own build in an attempt to imply that because said built is the path I'm following it's also the one I'd recommend; but that may have not been super clear and that's my error if so.  But if someone out there with deep pockets wants a gucci AEG and doesn't have the utterly indescribably niche expertise to realise how else to spend that same money for something nicer/get the performance for less money, maybe being a fucking massive cunt to them isn't the way forward.  Dunno just a thought that enters my mind.  eta - not saying that's what people here did, saying it'd be an idea to avoid doing so.

Hullo! I swear I can’t remember posting in this thread…..

22 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

maybe being a fucking massive cunt 

Edited by SBoardley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.