vfc gbb vs tm ngrs mp5a5

blocks1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looking to buy this as a gift for my brother but unsure of a few things, hoping i can get some answers here to help me make an informed decision.

a) if you was to receive one of these two airsoft guns as a gift for use in cqb games, which would you go for and why?

b) does anyone recommend a place to buy one of these two guns, i presume you need rif license for the vfc, is this the same for the tm ngrs?

regards all!

Hi fella

No licence needed but you do need a defence to buy a rif.

I'm thinking somebody will be along in a while to put you on the right road.👍

Regards 

Personally I'd go for the GBB, but then I play pretty much exclusivly gas these days. Prefer the extra imersion of the recoil (yes I know the ngrs recoils) and the fact that GBBRs strip like the real steel and don't like the extra complications of recoil on an aeg and unnecisary electronic systems .

Each to there own , the TM ngrs range has a great reputation although I believe there have been some issues with the MP5

• Supporters

The "licence" is more of a defence, and you'll need it for any gun-shaped-object of the airsoft variety.

Of the 2 you've listed i'd lean tm, if only because vfc have a reputation for making pretty but unreliable pews.

The best option would be to get your brother involved in the process, assuming he's already into airsoft he'll have a better notion for what he specifically wants and have the relevant defences to buy it. It does take the surprise element out of the gift but i reckon he'd preferr that to randomly recieving a 2-toned pew that may not be his cup of tea.

Have to agree with Adolf. Wow there's a sentence I never expected to type. Lol

However if your brother isn't an experienced player and doesn't have a defence yet then these two guns are probably a bit to advanced anyway. Talk to him then come back for more advice if needed. 

thanks for replies everyone, thats helpful.

regarding recoil as per the vfc vs marui.. im guessing the vfc packs more recoil, im guessing this is a technical question, but could someone replace the 300gram weight in the ngrs to improve felt recoil?

in terms of longevity and holding price, which one is the better longterm option?

Thanks again.

• Supporters

TMs can be messed with inside but it'll most likely shorten the lifespan, potentially by a lot.  The real MP5 barely kicks so trying to get the max recoil from a replica is kinda counter intuitive to some extent.  For the second question, TM by a country mile there's no comparison there.

2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

TMs can be messed with inside but it'll most likely shorten the lifespan, potentially by a lot.  The real MP5 barely kicks so trying to get the max recoil from a replica is kinda counter intuitive to some extent.  For the second question, TM by a country mile there's no comparison there.

what this man said I have done mag dumps with a full auto MP5 at a range in the USA and the thing barely moved. Of the two TM hands down it's much more user friendly requiring significantly less maintenance, won't suffer performance issues due to temperature and will just have (if not external quality) much greater build quality. if you must have a GBBR MP5 I would look at WE MP5s over VFC. 

Actually, the VFC MP5 is excellent and has nice gas efficiency, it certainly rivals the WE and I think will be better built.  Check out @Badabing video review on Youtube

As an actual skirmish weapon the WE MP5 GBB is much more serviceable than the VFC. The VFC has a bolt carrier made of cheese which will break if subjected to a few HK slaps (there is a Badabing video on this, but I also have some personal experience with this with a friend who got a VFC MP5 having seem my WE one). The VFC also has a really rubbish mechanism to stop firing when it is empty, the magazine follower basically blocs the bolt going all the way forwards so you cant shoot after the last round fires. The WE suffers from neither of these issues.

On the plus side the VFC has proper markings and really does feel lovely (its only once you hold the VFC that you realize how cheap the WE plastics feel, I thought my WE was nicely finished until I handled a VFC).

The WE does have a couple of problems. The small part that actuates the dead mans click on mag empty is fragile, the flat spring that limits the 3 round burst can break and there are reports of the hammer breaking on extensive use. I have personally experienced the fist two issues but never had a hammer break. For all of these issues replacement parts are readily available, easy to fit and so cheep you can easily order an extra one or two and carry spares if its something that bothers you.

If you really must go GBB and you actually want to use it rather than just look at it and stroke it occasionally then I'd go WE, and I have put my money where my mouth is on this one as I have 3 WE MP5s in various configurations. If the authentic look and feel and proper trades is more important to you then the VFC is the obvious choice.

I Can't really say much about the Marui NGRS, I have had a play with one and it was nice, but I didn't really subject it to any serious use and it didn't tempt me to sell my WEs. However as a general rule AEGs are much less maintenance and cause less aggravation to use than GBBRs. As said above the real MP5 is a very soft shooting gun (one of its major appeals to special forces when using the sling brace method) so the NGRS recoil isn't that unrealistic.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.