Double eagle UTR 45

Stevobeavo

Interesting.

I've been looking at these. The lack of magazine options has put me off, I just need a hi-cap or two (or even a drum mag) and a bag of BB's to play these days and it seems only mid-caps are available at the moment.

I wonder if it's compatible with G&G PCC45 mags?

Otherwise, at half the cost of a G&G PCC45 and this a better looking gun (IMO), i think DE is onto a winner here.

Yeah that's really nice.   I like everything about my M906C, short of the small battery space (the circular tube only good enough for ~170mm long and 20mm diameter batteries), and the fact the spring was made out of chicken wire, so I'm an easy sale for another DE gun.

I really like the look of this, and I'm glad to hear it's impressive so far... I too am concerned about the mags though.  Being logical I really need to stick to STANAG types as that's what I've already got, and my belt rig is set up for them too... so if I get a second DE it might well be one of these instead:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m916g-utr556?pv=17877

9 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I really like the look of this, and I'm glad to hear it's impressive so far... I too am concerned about the mags though.  Being logical I really need to stick to STANAG types as that's what I've already got, and my belt rig is set up for them too... so if I get a second DE it might well be one of these instead:

Can't make my mind up between a DE UTR556 or an ICS CXP-16. I know ICS really well, but I am tempted to jump on the Double Eagle train just because I keep hearing good things about them.

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Interesting.

I've been looking at these. The lack of magazine options has put me off, I just need a hi-cap or two (or even a drum mag) and a bag of BB's to play these days and it seems only mid-caps are available at the moment.

I wonder if it's compatible with G&G PCC45 mags?

Otherwise, at half the cost of a G&G PCC45 and this a better looking gun (IMO), i think DE is onto a winner here.

I believe hi caps will be available in the future. But I'm pretty sure no other mags will work in this gun. That's according to the description I've read on TG. But maybe one could be lightly modified to work. 

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah that's really nice.   I like everything about my M906C, short of the small battery space (the circular tube only good enough for ~170mm long and 20mm diameter batteries), and the fact the spring was made out of chicken wire, so I'm an easy sale for another DE gun.

Well as I've already got 2 DE m4 plus a shitna arms edge M4 (that's never worked) I thought I'd try a different platform. 

I'm not too fussed about different mag types. Takes a minute to swap over pouches on a belt lol. 

15 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah that's really nice.   I like everything about my M906C, short of the small battery space (the circular tube only good enough for ~170mm long and 20mm diameter batteries)...

A PTS EPS stock is the perfect solution, you can fit anything then, you could run a Titan 6000mAh 11.1v Crane battery if you wanted to.

Back onto the topic though it does cosmetically look like a very nice rifle, but it's begging to be front wired so the stock could be a little better 👍

23 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

A PTS EPS stock is the perfect solution, you can fit anything then, you could run a Titan 6000mAh 11.1v Crane battery if you wanted to.

I got one :) (The EPS that is.   And a Titan 11.1v 3000mAH nunchuck for it and the F2000.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

2 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Back onto the topic though it does cosmetically look like a very nice rifle, but it's begging to be front wired so the stock could be a little better 👍

There is a picture floating about with a skeleton style stock but if it is released I've read it won't be until at least 6 months time.

I personally really like the stock. It's wrong in a good way I think 😃.

8 hours ago, BigAl said:

Mags look like UMP mags, same as the g&g pcc45. Would make sense as the DE UMP was a G&g clone. 

G&G PCC45 mags *look* like UMP mags, but they are absolutely not. The mag feed tube exits differently on top so they cannot interface with the hop unit - there is no cross-compatibility between the PCC45 and G&Gs own UMP(G).

DE/G&G UMP:

image.png.f086be5f23d44f6fd455e44aae07d94e.png

DE UTR 45:

image.png.3219996a9760642a01aa424ceb22a0af.png

G&G PCC45:

image.png.dbe6b43bfe734d18e4718a8a01dd0794.png

All mags are pictured in the same orientation (front closest) off patrolbase's product pages.

Not convinced that PCC45 mags will work in the UTR45 either, there seems to be subtle geometry differences in the feed tube sizing an position.

They are probably compatible with double eagles older m89A ump 45.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m89a-umg-submachine-gun-hi-cap-magazine

Added some accessories to the gun. Red dot from my 904G. Suppressor is the factory one from the 904H hence why it's so long. 

IMG_20220220_200152.thumb.jpg.ca551732af35f5ae382a9bdeffdf54b8.jpg

Edited by Stevobeavo

12 hours ago, Stevobeavo said:

They are probably compatible with double eagles older m89A ump 45.

I would wager not.

The pictures I posted included the M89A/UMP mag - which is a G&G clone. The feed port is toward the rear of the mag, the UTR it's towards the front.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr3ko said:

I do belive the G&G PCC45 magazines fit and work well in this replica

Good info. I take it they feed fine?

Oh, and welcome to the forums.  🙂

15 hours ago, Mr3ko said:

I do belive the G&G PCC45 magazines fit and work well in this replica

I did notice pheas Airsoft mention these mags do fit but I haven't seen one being test fired.  Also I'm not a fan of how that looks.

Taking mine out this Saturday for the first time. Looking forward to seeing how it performs

14 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Good info. I take it they feed fine?

Oh, and welcome to the forums.  🙂

This was a conversation I was having with fellow UTR45 owner on discord on pheas airsoft coincidentally he was using midcaps ive recently placed an order for some high caps will update with more info when they arrive, thanks for having me 46B581F2-7EB2-4F92-87BF-F8641945A996.thumb.jpg.3f82d021369410635834037ce7a2820d.jpg

Edited by Mr3ko

12 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Looks like a ball-ache to get apart.

Pesky Ambi controls with their associated cogs and tiny pieces....

It does look pretty, however I'll take a DE M900 over it due to their structural simplicity and identical internals.

• 5 months later...

Nice review. I've picked one of these up and thankfully the internals are the same great stuff in the M9XX series.

I first thought it was a made up replica by Double Eagle but it turns out it's actually based on a real firearm

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/LWRC_SMG-45

it's also good to see a whole bunch of rails, screws, a different mag release and the battery adapter in the box as well.