Eunice is a speedsofter and doesn't call hits.

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Power has been out since around 15:00 Friday.

At 18:00 today I got this text.

"We are very sorry for the ongoing power cut. We are still determining the full extent of damage to our network and due to the ferocity of Storm Eunice, this is not an easy task. To help you plan ahead, we're keen to provide you with a realistic expectation of what's to come. We expect to reconnect a large number of customers throughout the course of this evening, with the vast majority of customers being restored by the end of the weekend. We are however expecting some affected customers, particularly in rural areas or where complex repairs are required, to remain without power into early next week. This means, it's possible that your power will remain off until early next week. We are really sorry.... Blah blah blah"

Ugh. 

Thankfully I have an open fireplace, loads of logs, a camping stove and plenty of gas, USB power banks, and candles, wind up torches, canned food and even some MREs (for easy food at festivals).

Tomorrow I'll pull the diesel genny out of the barn.

Supposed to be playing tomorrow, with my new DMR, but considering the forecast for the area is 20mph winds gusting to 40+ going seems pointless.

Oh well!

How about you lot, everyone doing okay in this?

Edited by Skullchewer

Thankfully, apart from some light flickering, we've been fine.

First time ever that I've cancelled playing because of the weather though.   I don't bother looking usually as the wet weather gear is always in the motor anyway.  

1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Thankfully, apart from some light flickering, we've been fine.

First time ever that I've cancelled playing because of the weather though.   I don't bother looking usually as the wet weather gear is always in the motor anyway.  

I'm still considering going tomorrow. Gonna see how windy it is when I get up.

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Sorted all my kit out, then checked my phone before bed to find my regular site had cancelled 

I didn't go in the end. They didn't cancel but it's blowy af out there today. You're not gonna hit anything.

Glad I stayed home for once.  Rain in sheets and a huge wind.  Loads of dead wood on the roads/my garden, some pretty substantial.   

Not a day for running in the woods.

A wash in the kitchen sink like the old days that's what

you need lol

These are brilliant for festivals, camping and bloody power cuts.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162731868970

I will confess to taking mine to a 'milsim...'

Edited by Tactical Pith Helmet
Sudden outbreak of guilt laden honesty.

7 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

These are brilliant for festivals, camping and bloody power cuts.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162731868970

I will confess to taking mine to a 'milsim...'

Huh, that's actually an intriguing idea.

And this morning.... Still no power!!

Day 6

An engineer came out today, while I was at work. When asked why our neighbours have power, when we don't, he said that our phase is broken and theirs isn't, and they need to work out where the break is.
So it's Wednesday, 6 days since the power went out, and they apparently still don't know what's broken.

Fffffuuuuuuu.....

So you are still stinky pew then lol.

Yeah I just bought a peq 15 and am very impressed with the torch. Can you adjust the beam on yours? Mine has an arrow type mark by the torch but I cant turn the bezel.

Regards 

• Supporters

@Skullchewer, no offence intended, but in line with your post apocalyptic loadout, surely regular showers are frowned upon, I'm pretty sure Wez & Toecutter didn't cane the Lynx gift sets in mad max😜

download (5).jpg

5912-1379285327-582c30addbdf514b4af6d5d3377868f2_465_639_int.jpg

Yeah, but Wez and Toecutter both died.

In Mad Max 2 you see Max washing at one point. Clearly he survives cos he has fresh under crackers.

Also: here we are, Thursday morning, still no power.

8 hours ago, Shamal said:

So you are still stinky pew then lol.

Yeah I just bought a peq 15 and am very impressed with the torch. Can you adjust the beam on yours? Mine has an arrow type mark by the torch but I cant turn the bezel.

Regards 

I am very stinky pew 🤣

I bought a crappy Chinese peq from fleabay, it has a cover that adjusts the beam.

It also offered to check my phone messages for me 🤔

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.