ASG CZ p-09 hammer mech removal

Daveoc33

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to get the hammer assembly out of an ASG CZ P-09 (blowback). I can see the first step of this is to remove the safety. How do I remove the safety catch on this pistol?

I can see there a spring that needs to be lifted up and I'm expecting the safety to pull out on the left hand side but it's not coming out. The hammer is back and the safety is disengaged. Is there something I'm missing or do I just need to apply more force to get this safety out?

I've looked for youtube videos on this but the closest I've found is the sp01 where it's lift up the spring and out comes the safety.

This is what I'm looking at and the spring that I suspect needs to be raised:

image.png.3c5fbdcddf7f7e522b54f96d2116d58c.png

Can't see clearly in the picture, but is that a grub screw on the opposite side of the shaft ? If so , is it securing the right side safety ?

I have just looked at a asg shadow and had a play , the left hand control needs a little pressure but it will come out , I used a thin tool to push from the inside and down the side of the control to get some movement,  watch part 14 as it has a tiny spring. 

Once its starts to move out the right hand control just goes vertical and comes out. 

Screenshot_20220217-175045_Chrome.jpg

Edited by johnnyj

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.