UCAP New rules updated today. No Binary triggers or shitty m4 mags on pistols.

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

56 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

just you don't chuck it in a room and then immediately go straight in shouting your coming to get your ‘nade back !(think it’s safe to say we’ve all seen this happen🤦‍♂️) you just have to wait a couple of minutes till the gameplay has moved on from that point before you retrieve it .

This. Unfortunately while 99% of people will be sensible, there's always that one throbber who fucks things up for everyone else

• Supporters

+1 on this, while I don't agree with the thieving, he got caught & suitably punished. 

But to somehow infer that his his subsequent MND diagnosis was in some way Karma for his previous actions, it's not Karma, its just the worst luck in the world. 

In my very personal experience, MND, as well as the worst forms of aggressive cancers doesn't happen to bad people, quite the opposite in fact, they seem to be the burden of the good guys, the literal salt of the earth. 

Anyway, back on track guys😏

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

He sold stolen high value military kit very true BUT he wasn’t the one stealing it was he ? having served I can quite happily say the military are absolutely atrocious at securing kit and 90% of squaddies are thieving barstuards given half a chance when it comes to other peoples unattended kit and would happily sell the gold fillings from your teeth if they saw the opportunity !😆  

He was the middle man(no excuse for what he did) but he served his time chapter closed . 

immaterial of whether the UCAP ‘rules’ are good or bad they’ve ALWAYS given a reason why and stuck by them , not many sites do that .

with BFG’s it’s just you don't chuck it in a room and then immediately go straight in shouting your coming to get your ‘nade back !(think it’s safe to say we’ve all seen this happen🤦‍♂️) you just have to wait a couple of minutes till the gameplay has moved on from that point before you retrieve it .

• Supporters

It's just a curious position to ban two-tones because you don't want to invite unwanted attention to the hobby, while at the same time flogging stolen MOD kit. 🤔

I can see why it made sense in 2006 before the VCRA kinks had been worked out, but in CURRENT_YEAR, when just about every site welcome IFs, it's rather Quixotic. I'd wonder what the position is on other non-RIFs like the APS UAR, or Pulse Rifles.

3 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

. Have a strict rule in writing, then you can be flexible, don't have the rule at all and it can't be enforced when needed.

Respectfully, I have to disagree, that's a great way to highlight that none of the "rules" actually matter.

I'd far rather see sites make clear distinctions between recommendation ("should") and rules ("must").  It's cringe standing through a non-brief briefing being read the riot act pre-emptively, knowing that most of what's being said is a literal waste of everybody's time because it's not going to be enforced.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

can see why it made sense in 2006 before the VCRA kinks had been worked out, but in CURRENT_YEAR, when just about every site welcome IFs, it's rather Quixotic. I'd wonder what the position is on other non-RIFs like the APS UAR, or Pulse Rifles.

Many moons ago when the subject was being discussed the general consensus was the previous point about retailers getting around the VCR and even to use the most hackneyed of excuses for bad play “but we are just grown men running around shooting each other with toy guns !”🤦‍♂️ They REALLY do look like toy guns and stand out like a pimple on a babies arse ? As to pulse rifles/UAR’s/etc they are facsimiles of supposed real guns and to none gun nut members of joe public that’s what they are ? 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Andy has run UCAP for the last decade in a specific way: Exactly the way he wants to.

He doesn't hesitate to banning players that are consistently shite, or banning things that he thinks makes the gameplay of the day, or Airsoft itself, more shite.

Works quite well!

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Many moons ago when the subject was being discussed the general consensus was the previous point about retailers getting around the VCR and even to use the most hackneyed of excuses for bad play “but we are just grown men running around shooting each other with toy guns !”🤦‍♂️ They REALLY do look like toy guns and stand out like a pimple on a babies arse ? As to pulse rifles/UAR’s/etc they are facsimiles of supposed real guns and to none gun nut members of joe public that’s what they are ? 

To your average housewife, an M41a is a fully semi automatic AK47, which therefore makes you a terrorist.

21 hours ago, colinjallen said:

Their site, their thieving cunt of a site owner.  If people don't like it then they can go elsewhere.

Now i may be mis-remembering, but didn't he also cause some shit on Facebook by making homophobic remarks - something about p90 users?

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Can't blame him for that 😘

hey, the p90 is a perfectly acceptable gun to use.

save the hate for people who put buffer tube stocks onto anything that isn't an ar......

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

save the hate for people who put buffer tube stocks onto anything that isn't an ar......

What he said ! 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

*tries to put a buffer tube on a P90

14 minutes ago, Groot said:

I think we have strayed very far off the subject that Speedsofters suck

C'mon that's normal around here 🤣

...but yeah 😁

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Groot said:

I think we have strayed very far off the subject that Speedsofters suck

i dunno, putting m4 stocks on ak's is about equally egregious to putting an m4 mag on a pistol imo....

• Supporters

Just saying ? 

21EA2828-FA20-47D6-BE51-C5FD44CDEF1E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

To be fair, I did buy my son a P90, complete with a big homoerotic box mag, but seeing as he's XBOX1 & I'm PS4, it definitely suits him

Screenshot_20220210_201539.jpg

(opens Another can of worms & retreats to the armchair & popcorn 🍿

Ok

homoerotic picture of musclebound guys and a couple of men hugging

whats the difference?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Ok

homoerotic picture of musclebound guys and a couple of men hugging

whats the difference?

To quote my earlier post😏

6 hours ago, Tackle said:

Can't blame him for that 😘

802380557_images(3).jpg.1e02b3144ee66d608a652db1054943c7.jpg

lol Console peasants 

*Laughs in Master Race*

b31c4ced285e73f40c884d009c5a7da6-970-80.png.webp

Staring me and @quango2k

Edited by Groot

22 hours ago, Druid799 said:

with BFG’s it’s just you don't chuck it in a room and then immediately go straight in shouting your coming to get your ‘nade back !(think it’s safe to say we’ve all seen this happen🤦‍♂️) you just have to wait a couple of minutes till the gameplay has moved on from that point before you retrieve it .

Isn’t that what shock cord is for?

Throw BFG

Wait a few seconds

Bang

Tug

Elasticated shock cord pings BFG straight back to you

Simple 

I work near a barracks. We've had some dealings with the current QM there, and a couple prior. Crooked as the day is long. Stuff "gets lost" all the time. 
The last one had trucks "Go missing". Latest guy isn't much better, I hear. 
It's common in the forces, unfortunately. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.