Post covid shottie gas project.

ginger colin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi. Like many, this project was started a long time ago. If you are a lover of shotguns you know the H&S mad max shottie shells are terrible. After acquiring x10 madbul Co2 shells a friend lathed up an adapter to run through the gun. Post covid I have dusted it all off and only 2 madbul shells have a small leak. I haven't stripped them down yet but I'm sure the reset mechanism is going to end up pinging across the room.  I have spotted a few madbul shell copies out there and purchased a Show Girls mini launcher with a shell mainly to test the shell. Side by side the two brands are pretty close only time and pressure will tell if the Show Girls is as reliable as the Madbul. The adapter works well and gives you a total capacity of x12 6mm bb's.  My shottie barrels are 8mm and this will be my room clearing shell.  The old adapters were one offs and took a lot of time.  I'm looking in to 3D printing more shell adapters and will open the hole out to 8mm so you have a combi of x5   6mm in the shell and x5    8mm in the adapter.  One problem with the original lathed adapters was getting tooling in to put a seal groove in the end for bb retaining.  3D printed I'm thinking you could easily offset the seal to create a bit of hop.  I hope this gets you thinking and dusting off unfinished projects.20220204_090031.thumb.jpg.03908d48f84f46c152e8ab0015e06025.jpg

2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If you like double barrels, the umarex t4e is worth a look. 

IMG_20220121_180850.jpg

Hi cromulon. Yep I love a shottie. Not seen the t4e before,google isn't  very specific.  Looks like co2 paintball

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.