CA M15Battery Charge

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How long do I charge the battery for on the first time, I have used the Battery Charge App, the battery has 1100 written on it so I'm guessing that is the Battery Capacity but I don't know what the Charge rate is, the battery charger has 500mA written on it, I put these numbers into the the App and it came out with a charge time of 2 hr 38 mins, does that seem right for the first charge?

• Supporters

Seems about right yeah.

The charger can output 500mA an hour, so you need to charge long enough for it to output the 1100mAh in the battery, I'd have said maybe less than 2:38, more like 2:12, but you have to account for a margin of wasted output etc etc, so the app is probably not much over what I'd charge it for.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think the app works it out with a 20% efficiency loss which is fairly high. I can't remember how I worked it out :P

Only way to tell would be to get a smart charger going at the same rate and seeing how long it took.

Archived