Fitting an M4 stock to a fixed buffer tube M16

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So as asked in the Quick Questions thread, I'd like the optionn of adding a collapsible M4 stock to my Classic Army AR15-A3 which has a fixed stock tube that looks like this...

image.png.acd2b2d3023993d0e10a2da1be127215.png

Ideally I'd like to be able to fit the old stock back on again, as it does suit the aesthetic of the full length M16... Especially now I've painted the gun

But I do like the collapsible stocks and I'll have a spare shortly

You'll need an aeg buffer tube with mounting hardware, then you'll likely have to cut down the mounting tube to match the length required in the buffer tube or make a spacer.

You'll also need an aeg sling plate to seal the back of the receiver and guide the wiring into the tube.

Ak2m4.co.uk is a good place to start for buffer tube, they had some with hardware included.

Edited by concretesnail

You will also need to rewire as the plugs are going to be in the way. 

But as said above most makes of stock tube will fit , if you want to use a lipo tube, you just need to cut the back of your receiver to match.

I definitely want to be able to fit the existing stock back on - if that's not going to be possible afterwards, I won't bother 

• Supporters

Will need some destructive working to achieve that and to be honest by the time you’ve got all the bits’n’bobs you’ll need to achieve the objective you will have spent near the price of a reasonable quality budget gun SO why not just buy another gun ? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Will need some destructive working to achieve that and to be honest by the time you’ve got all the bits’n’bobs you’ll need to achieve the objective you will have spent near the price of a reasonable quality budget gun SO why not just buy another gun ? 🤔

Oh come on, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in some sort of budget gun...

image.png.5fb01d6a394d68eee2063586858f840b.png

None.  None at all, I tell you!

To be honest, I think you're absolutely right.  The AR15 isn't feeding reliably again (even though I've done nothing to it but paint it, and I was very careful with masking all the moving parts), so it's probably not worth spending any appreciable amount of cash on.  I should probably sell it on as a boneyard / project.  The motor and gearbox do seem to be running nicely, it'll be a shame if I can't sort out the feeding issue once and for all.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I should probably sell it on as a boneyard / project.  The motor and gearbox do seem to be running nicely, it'll be a shame if I can't sort out the feeding issue once and for all.

Me personally I wouldn’t sell it on , you’ll never get even remotely what its worth back as a ’spares or repairs’ id keep it and try and fix it my self .

PS that is a saucy little number you’ve highlighted ! 🧐

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.