Reflecting Optic

FrenchieAD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

it's a pretty common thing for different sights to have different levels of tinting to them, especially with the cheap replica stuff you get in airsoft.

replica eotechs seem particularly prone to this. can't remember what brand mine was (i wanna say WE? although god knows who the oem was) didn't have as much tint as others i've seen, although the downside was that the reticle would be pretty easily washed out in bright daylight.

36 minutes ago, FrenchieAD said:

Hi guys, 

I am currently running a Theta Optics Holographic sight, and I’m having a real nightmare with seeing a reflection in my viewing side. Is this the case with most Holo sights, or is there something I can do about it? 

Thanks! 

96C4A4C9-42DF-462A-A761-63A4FA4C63C1.png

It's the case with most optics and especially so in specific light conditions and indoors. Is this the case when you are playing outdoors or are you just trying indoors?

That's not actually a holo sight, it's likely a chinesium red dot dressed up as an eotech.

Given that a genuine eotech will set you back half a grand (give or take), for 30 odd quid you'd be lucky if that didn't lose its zero in a slight breeze.

As for what to do about the reflection, not sure tbh, the reflective coating as far as I'm aware is intrinsic to the operation of the red dot.

As @MAX DICKER has said, it’s an el cheapo reflex sight NOT a holo sight.

In order to see the reticule, in your sight, the LED image is, necessarily, reflected off the front glass. The only way to do this is for it to be partially mirrored, hence the dark view and the reflection effect you’re seeing unfortunately.

Cheap EOTech copies are prone to this, and it’s particularly obvious in CQB. There isn’t really anything you can practically do about it unless you buy a better sight, sorry

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's a pretty common thing for different sights to have different levels of tinting to them, especially with the cheap replica stuff you get in airsoft.

replica eotechs seem particularly prone to this. can't remember what brand mine was (i wanna say WE? although god knows who the oem was) didn't have as much tint as others i've seen, although the downside was that the reticle would be pretty easily washed out in bright daylight.

That’s brilliant, thanks guys. I think that’s solved my question. With regards to buying a sight that I’m less likely to have this problem with, what are you running? I’m happy to splash out somewhat, as I wasn’t really aware on what I was buying when I bought my first optic. 

thanks again! 

15 minutes ago, FrenchieAD said:

That’s brilliant, thanks guys. I think that’s solved my question. With regards to buying a sight that I’m less likely to have this problem with, what are you running? I’m happy to splash out somewhat, as I wasn’t really aware on what I was buying when I bought my first optic. 

thanks again! 

My buddy has a Vortex Optics crossfire which he says is excellent. Frankly, an this is my opinion, if you want something that works and can withstand an airsofters' handling. Then you'll need to dig deep... most stuff for under £100 is good as display props and little else.

2 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

My buddy has a Vortex Optics crossfire which he says is excellent. Frankly, an this is my opinion, if you want something that works and can withstand an airsofters' handling. Then you'll need to dig deep... most stuff for under £100 is good as display props and little else.

Ok thanks @MAX DICKER I will do some research. I was looking at potentially some sort of short dot sight, which really appealed to me. Once again though, I’ve not found many reviews online about them. Have you had any experience? I am missing my rifle so I’m getting extra range and accuracy, so I feel like this is my preferred route… 

3 hours ago, FrenchieAD said:

Ok thanks @MAX DICKER I will do some research. I was looking at potentially some sort of short dot sight, which really appealed to me. Once again though, I’ve not found many reviews online about them. Have you had any experience? I am missing my rifle so I’m getting extra range and accuracy, so I feel like this is my preferred route… 

When people say short dot, they normally mean a magnified scope that is short, generally 1-6x mag or 1-10x mag, very different from a “red dot” viewing device.

If that’s what you mean, Vicoptics and The slightly more expensive Vector Optics make extremely good budget scopes for around £100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.