gas again

mickyboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Just don’t buy maintenance gas

It’s  sopping with silicon oil

I found that out the hard way 😂

Good point forgot that was a thing.

27 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

What do you call maintenance gas?

Exactly that. I think it's an abbey product. To elaborate nbb guns will run on any green or lower power gasses designed for the more delicate pistols. Higher pressure gas/winter gas will probably work too if you wanted but in the warm may cause light striking with some models. This is when the pressure is too high for the hammer to open the valve. 

Edited by heroshark

All Airsoft gas is Propane based but has been processed to remove most of the smell and has Silicone oil mixed with it.

Going by power the list goes like this:

144a.........For NBB and TM plastic slide pistols.  

Green.......Most common general use gas

Red...........Higher power for Winter use

Black........Highest power for very cold Winter use

Pure Propane can be used with an adaptor and is between Green and Red in pressure.  It has no lubricant and stinks.

Co2 is MUCH higher pressure than any bottled gas at around 800-900psi.  (Green gas is around 300psi)

Pistol must be designed to use Co2 for parts to be strong enough.

Edited by EDcase

I don't think 144a is propane based as it is very similar in power to 134a which is a non flammable Tetrafluoroethane.  Again, 144a from my understanding only exists in the airsoft world and is a creation by Abbey to replace 134a and is named purely for the similarity to 134a not down to which carbons the the fluorine atoms are on like 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane.

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I don't think 144a is propane based as it is very similar in power to 134a which is a non flammable Tetrafluoroethane.  Again, 144a from my understanding only exists in the airsoft world and is a creation by Abbey to replace 134a and is named purely for the similarity to 134a not down to which carbons the the fluorine atoms are on like 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane.

Is 144 what people refer to as “duster gas”?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.