Half face mesh mask issue

Hamster82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I’m having an issue with my half face mesh mask clashing with my stock which is making getting a reliable sight picture through my red dot difficult.

specifically the domed cheek stopping my head get in the right position.

any ideas what might help?

Do I need to raise it with a riser, can I somehow mod the mask or do I need to consider another style mask?

Pics for context

TIA

E9EC26C8-9660-4A61-AC68-6F3B2E165E10.jpeg

4542462C-FCB1-43CA-B9E2-7765F7D49660.jpeg

• Supporters

I switched to Delta Mike FacePro. Protects the teeth and doesnt get in the way of my sight

Same thing with my F2000, with the same sight you've got...!

So I bought this from Ant Supplies

image.png.cdbe5d1c49fa2055bfabbb47aae6c1d8.png

That's a 20mm lift at the lowest setting.  5 slot version, £12 inc p&p
https://www.ant-supplies.uk/rails-and-adapters/adjustable-height-weaver-riser-rails.html

As SeniorSpaz suggests, you could try a different mask, but I prefer a more upright head position, rather than trying to find a cheek weld.  Higher head = better view around the sights / peripheral vision.

Oh yeah, and I recommend one of these too...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294313449017

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Thanks both, I may well give the riser a go as everything is comfortable it’s just the sight acquisition giving me problems.

that said those Delta Mike masks do look nice 🤔

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Hamster82 said:

Hi all, I’m having an issue with my half face mesh mask clashing with my stock which is making getting a reliable sight picture through my red dot difficult.

specifically the domed cheek stopping my head get in the right position.

Yup when it comes to getting any kind of cheek weld for sighting down your gun your pretty much bolloxed with all ‘hard’ face pro , as the others have said you either go for predominately fabric or a riser for the scope .

It's repeatable cheek weld that you need for consistent shooting. 

You can line up your sights with mesh and a riser but you  have to do so visually, not by feel.  You may get a measure of consistency with practice, but stock to cheek bone is the key.   

.... I've actually got the face mask Rogerborg showed, but feel Airsoft is different from real steel shooting - my cheek weld is just the lightest of contact.

Let's face it, in a pinch we could shoot these things with no sights at all, and just walk the BB's on to the target.

And there's no recoil to control.

5 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Let's face it, in a pinch we could shoot these things with no sights at all, and just walk the BB's on to the target.

Very true!  For snap shooting though, cheek weld is king.

It does also help with a lot that we don't actually experience in airsoft such as recoil.  

Tbh at the close ranges we shoot and the size of the target we usually  try to hit, I almost always just mount and shoot.  I could probably remove the sights from my CM16 and not notice any difference.  None of my four shotguns has as much as a bead.  I get some silly misses at close range with unfamiliar guns though.  The point and shoot just isn't there.  

If I'm not making mask I always recommend the smaller one tigris. The length of the standard over shoot most people's chin which is annoying when you look down and it hits your chest pushing the mask up into the goggles.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXvl-E9Ir7N/?utm_medium=copy_link

I also find the China masks are not a not a great shape but you can improve on it I start by flattering it then reshape.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQgvp7gqIlt/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by heroshark

• Supporters
9 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

just walk the BB's on to the target.

[Cries in DMR]

8 minutes ago, heroshark said:

If I'm not making mask I always recommend the smaller one tigris. The length of the standard over shoot most people's chin which is annoying when you look down and it hits your chest pushing the mask up into the goggles.

Would confirm, Ex-Workmate Eddy accidentally bought the smaller one, and found that it worked very well.  Only Gigachads need the bigguns.

35 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

[Cries in DMR]

You know what I mean, for us spray'n'pray types  ;)

I must be a gigachad, the full size OneTigris extends about 1/2-3/4" below my (second?) chin, but that's fine for me.   I will recommend the smaller size to my mate who still plays without anything protecting his teeth (silly boy)

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I must be a gigachad, the full size OneTigris extends about 1/2-3/4" below my (second?) chin, but that's fine for me.   I will recommend the smaller size to my mate who still plays without anything protecting his teeth (silly boy)

Same. My massive head is attached to an equally moon sized face. Otherwise I'd look like the Mekon...which I don't.

Few options from airsoftfaceprouk.com too. No personal experience with them however.

As other have said get a Delta Mike, once you've tried one you'll never go back (unless you play very close indoors CQB as of course there's zero nose protection).

• Supporters

Problem I have with hoods/snoods/scarves/etc is I sweat like a pig in a Synagogue so I get rather ‘moist’ wearing any kind of cloth face pro , I tried a friends Delta but even with it being made of mesh cloth I was still soaking by end of the game , where as him has no problem at all(matter of fact I’ve been trying to find a way to see if the fecker is an android he sweats that little ! 🤫

Thanks all, the half fabric mask did the trick and getting a decent cheek weld now.

As far as the missus is concern all the gear and the rif came to £150 🤥😬😏

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.