My own placard made by FirstSpear - Ammo Hub A1

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I see stuff like this and I think back in the day I(and I’m sure most of the guys I worked with) would have swapped my left bollock to get my hands on something like that !

looking at it my first thought is “just what you need” I look at a lot of modern kit and I do sometimes think it’s overly complicated or has too many ‘functions’ to it where as this design just screams at you “simple but effective” .
As you may have noticed I’m impressed with it , very well done . .

• Supporters

Well thanks mate, glad you do.  I spoke to the owner of Tactical-Kit a few days ago and he is interested so if things go to plan it'll be easy enough to get here.

I may be shooting myself in the foot here, but the hub actually does have a lot in the way of functionality, it's designed to be the most modular placard ever to come to market and all that stuff is covered/being covered on the social media.  However if you literally just want to clip it to any PC or harness, stick in your mag insert and go you can 100% do that and you will not get any trouble at all from the extra options that are built in.  Until you know about them or want to use them you probably won't even know they're there given the way it's designed.

The down side to that is I'm going to have to produce a LOT of short educational posts/videos on all the ways to set the thing up, but hopefully it'll lead to more interest since a very large amount of folks out there probably already have kit that can mesh with it.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Well, it took a while to setup the web store that'd actually do the job and it doesn't look fancy by any means but I got there in the end and it functions and has all the info so that's the main thing.

I've not actually announced the release on social media or on my site yet and right now they're only available in the states, but if anyone was interested at all in seeing more info to include the pricing feel free to take a gander.

https://thefull9.net/ah-a1/

IMG_0803.thumb.JPG.dd6c35e14a663dd1d0adaa62574630ad.JPG

• 4 months later...

Well done you ! I don’t play anymore (might change one day)  but I’m still a massive kit pest and have a strong desire for top end and quality  cordura  goodies , it’s been this way for a long time … I blame my dad who gave me his Cyclops Roc bergan for my 13th birthday …  the passion never fades :) 

be sure to put some links up , and from someone who’s been self employed for way too long … don’t ever apologise for self promotion , if you are not passionate about it and want to talk about it how are you going to expect anyone else to get excited about it . In my experience with small business or new ideas most people are investing as much in the person behind it as they are the product :) 

• Supporters

Personally, I think it's the best placard on the market, because obviously I made it do everything I wanted along with various things the Spiritus Mk4 and SHAW ARC V2 didn't do - those being my other favourites when I began prototyping early 2021.  The specific laminate fabric used is the best one in existence for a loop-lined placard and is only available via FirstSpear so it is gucci no doubt.  A good chunk of the cost is the fact it comes with a set of Tubes which hopefully I'll be able to make optional in future but currently isn't logistically viable.

I'll post a link to TK's listing when they get there for sure.  Most updates are still here https://www.instagram.com/f9gear_/ and it's still available on thefull9.net for any Americans, French or Swiss who might happen to be reading lol.

• Supporters

Anyone interested can now sign up for stock notifications here:

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/f9-gear-ammo-hub-a1-48539-p.asp

Stock is due to land on these shores in a few days, should be available to buy next week.  No two ways to say it, it'll cost a good bit more than the MkV, a lot of which is due to all the extra hardware that's packaged; including 3 male tubes so your tubes cummerbunds can click right on.   There'll be RG and MC, but only just breaking in to double digits of each and unfortunately once they sell out they'll be out of stock here for at least 3-4 months.  Apologies if that seems like hype driving, just want to give out the pertinent info as I know there's a few gear lovers out there who are interested.  If anyone ever has any questions not covered by the product description please do ask me.

• 4 months later...
  • Supporters

Left this too long without updating!

If you don't use the FS Tubes there's now a version of the Hub that's a decent bit cheaper available on thefull9.net/f9gear which ships from the US and they're also coming to AG-Tactical in France.  Also had the first Hubs made in Coyote Brown.

2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Left this too long without updating!

If you don't use the FS Tubes there's now a version of the Hub that's a decent bit cheaper available on thefull9.net/f9gear which ships from the US and they're also coming to AG-Tactical in France.  Also had the first Hubs made in Coyote Brown.

I’ve tried a couple times and it comes up “no shipping options” for my U.K. address , might not be the case for everyone but equally might be worth looking into .

8435C30F-E170-4872-B290-11868BB7C886.thumb.jpeg.a68d91731962aad8add94865d59f9472.jpeg

• Supporters

Thanks for the heads up mate I'll look in to that now :)

edit - @JimFromHorsham I hadn't toggled the right widgets in the sub-menu of a sub-menu so yeah cheers for that mate would not have know otherwise!  Should be able to go ahead now if you like.  It's not cheap coming from the states unfortunately so it might be worth doing the maths on the cost of this with postage price plus the 20% VAT and courier robbery fee vs buying the full fat version from Tactical-Kit.  You can maybe off load the Tubes too for £10-15 in the right tactical gear sales groups.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.