Electric speedloader in UK

Musica

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up? I had my first game in 2 years last Sunday and all I have is the standard pistol size speed loader and wasn't enjoying filling my mags up between rounds. I run  evo mid caps and 5.1 hi capa pistol magazines currently.

https://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-magazines-c3/speed-loaders-bb-bags-c59/laylax-electric-bb-loader-750-round-p10257

I'd pay more for a better one as well if people can reccomend it works well.

• Supporters

i've never really encountered many of the electric variety of loaders, general airsoft lore seems to suggest they aren't the greatest generally citing limited power or poor reliability.

however an alternative proposal would be to look at the odin M12, it's manually operated but significantly quicker and easier to use than a conventional type loader (to the point reloading mid-game is entirely viable). it's built for m4 mags but you can get adapters to fit other patterns (the evo included). there are a ton of clones out there with mixed opinions on their efficacy (commonly seems to be handles break on them) but the original model is a very reliable peice.

ofc the odin won't really work well for pistol mags, but it's not so bad to load them with a traditional loader.

I'd recommend one of the Odin or clone type loaders, and then head on over to 

https://www.airtac.me/

And see if they make an adapter to suit your needs.

I picked up one for my G&G SMC9 mags which I wasn't expecting to be a thing!

I had one of the electric types about 20 years ago, and they're not great tbh from what I remember, the feed nozzle was weak and broke easily.

+1 for ODIN for a quality loader. (Don't bother with cheap clones as they will break...I have x2 broken ones)

Also...I've bought a Electric Mag loader from Bullgear (I have several of there products) but for some reason, they're very slow on getting it to me...  Was another xmas present to myself and will test thoroughly once/if I ever get it from Russia.

https://bullgear.net/bg-51

Edited by Monkman

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Musica said:

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up? I had my first game in 2 years last Sunday and all I have is the standard pistol size speed loader and wasn't enjoying filling my mags up between rounds. I run  evo mid caps and 5.1 hi capa pistol magazines currently.

https://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-magazines-c3/speed-loaders-bb-bags-c59/laylax-electric-bb-loader-750-round-p10257

I'd pay more for a better one as well if people can reccomend it works well.

I have one of those electric speedloaders , it’s REALLY finicky with the ammo it’ll load(or not as the case may be) , it’s slow as hell AND the minute it hits any kind of resistance it just stops all together and you have to finish loading with a ‘normal’ speed loader . Basically it’s shit !🤦‍♂️

get a real Odin simples . 👍

I've had a Taiwan Gun knock off Odin for years.  The handle unscrews itself.  I just superglued it when it was reassembled and it's been fine since.  

I always keep an anchor magnet in the van.  It's located scores of dropped airsoft bits over the years!

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Monkman said:

Don't bother with cheap clones as they will break...I have x2 broken ones

The handle, or the mechanism?  The handle, eh, they all do that.  Easily enough bodged with a bolt or whatever you have lying around.  If it's the mechanism, a knock off + replacement Odin internals costs less than an Odin.

Can't beat a genuine Odin.

I've had a clone and it was shit, mags wouldn't lock in or they were a really tight fit (meaning I had to yank the magazine out of the loader with quite some force).

Getting the airtech adapter in and out was a struggle and once the mag reached idk, 80 bbs, the handle would become super hard to crank.

The genuine? Nope, not a single issue, except it's not too easy to find in this country.

For pistol/vsr mags I still prefer the good old syringe style loaders though.

43 minutes ago, Skara said:

Can't beat a genuine Odin.

I've had a clone and it was shit, mags wouldn't lock in or they were a really tight fit (meaning I had to yank the magazine out of the loader with quite some force).

Getting the airtech adapter in and out was a struggle and once the mag reached idk, 80 bbs, the handle would become super hard to crank.

The genuine? Nope, not a single issue, except it's not too easy to find in this country.

For pistol/vsr mags I still prefer the good old syringe style loaders though.

gone for the proper one £50 pre fitted with the dampener kit.

I'm after a damping kit myself, but I'll most likely make my own whenever I can find silicone sheets, and buy a spare parts kit just in case.

Because with my luck I'm sure I'll fuck it up right when there's a shortage of parts :D

On 17/01/2022 at 22:40, Rogerborg said:

The handle, or the mechanism?  The handle, eh, they all do that.  Easily enough bodged with a bolt or whatever you have lying around.  If it's the mechanism, a knock off + replacement Odin internals costs less than an Odin.

One was complete failure of mechanism..so binned it, only cost me £14.  2nd one I bought was a Nuprol one and the handle broke within days of use... I just supergluded a large toothpaste cap onto it so I could keep using it...but was slow and tedious... Decided in the end to buy a proper one and got the ODIN... You can certainly tell the difference in quality, also picked up a spare mechanism for the ODIN, just in case I break that...as seen a few peeps breaking their odins internals.  :)

Electric Mag loader from Bullgear is on it's way finally from Russia...powered by a LIPO, so I guess if I put a 11.1 lipo in it it will load mags with no issues...considering how well built the Bullgear Boxmag is... I have high hopes for this loader.   Will post a review once I get it and tested it in the field.

• 4 weeks later...

£40 odd quid for a speed loader, cripes I am getting old. 

Seems like you find them worth while.

Scratching my head a bit as I never had an issue bombing up in a game with the old M16 mag shaped thingy. Pistol mag sized ones a bit caddy I admit.

I assume the Odin’s are quick if you have a vest load to do at once?

• Supporters
5 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

£40 odd quid for a speed loader, cripes I am getting old. 

I wouldn't have paid that much for one.  However having bought a clone for about £20 (no idea what they run to now), I can see the point.

5 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

I assume the Odin’s are quick if you have a vest load to do at once?

Very.  You click the mag in, and it's literally just a few winds of the wheel to get it fully loaded.  It makes reloading the work of seconds rather than minutes and gives you more time in the safe zone for banter, updating your airsoft Instagram page, interpretative dance, or whatnot.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

Great I might have to have a technology update. 😁

put it like this, i'm basically sold up on airsoft atm, but i haven't sold the odin because that would feel a bit too final....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had two electric speedloaders, which are good till they break. I have been running an M12 Odin speed loader (no dramas version in blue), with a 3d printed attachment for my SR25 and SCAR H.

Odin for the win! Infact I own two, the other is red!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.