Any help on my build

Jay9876

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am currently running a g and g fire hawk I want to increase my rps to around 30 whilst having around 330-350 fps. Currently I am running a Prometheus barrel (128mm) (6.03mm)

maxx cnc me pro as hop up unit 

ZCI 13:1 single sector gears

shs piston

asg piston head

shs cylinder head 

shs nozzle 

asg ultimate 30k motor 

asg ultimate m115 spring 

I currently am running at around 20 rps and 300 fps I am planning to get a mosfet put in this week so I can run a 11.1v lipo. I understand I’m losing a lot of fps due to the barrel length but I’m not looking to replace whole front end. I am new to the sport and this is my first build so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

There are ways to increase your rps however at 30rps already your heading into potential "wanker" gn territory.

If your after better response times then you dont need that rps to have it.

Precock would be the place to start if you're adding a mosfet to the system.

Like I said I’m new to the sport I only started about 3 weeks ago if high rps is seen to be “wanker” territory maybe I won’t go for a higher rps. That was the aim as I just want a really quick trigger response and a high fps to help with range.

Yep, above 20rps is pushing it.

As you stated, the Firehawk has a short barrel and you've already gone up to an m115. You could try an m120 but you're unlikely to get much more range from it.

Try to change your game and sneak in closer to your enemy.

Or add a suppressor to allow a longer inner barrel.

Edited by EDcase

3 hours ago, Jay9876 said:

Like I said I’m new to the sport I only started about 3 weeks ago if high rps is seen to be “wanker” territory maybe I won’t go for a higher rps. That was the aim as I just want a really quick trigger response and a high fps to help with range.

That's good to hear. A sharper response from trigger press to bb release is easy to do by adding a precocking mosfet to the build. After the first priming shot the piston is then held at the point of release so the cycle time is after bb is fired rather than before.

I throw a perun ab++ (etu++ if you have the g&g etu in it) in it, get the precock running to sharpen the trigger response and I'd check you air seal. 300fps with an m115 unless you have a ported cylinder/short stroked gears I'd have expected more even with the short barrel.

I’ve now thrown a gate aster on the build and at first it was shooting 2 bbs at once but ut seems that issue has now been sorted. But another issue has accrued the fps has dropped down to 200 fps I’ve took the gearbox and rebuilt it a couple of times checking aoe and air seal and both are perfect. Shimming is on point and I can’t figure why the loss Fps. Any suggestions? 

I’ve now thrown a gate aster on the build and at first it was shooting 2 bbs at once but ut seems that issue has now been sorted. But another issue has accrued the fps has dropped down to 200 fps I’ve took the gearbox and rebuilt it a couple of times checking aoe and air seal and both are perfect. Shimming is on point and I can’t figure why the loss Fps. Any suggestions? What I have in head is the pinion and bevel gear are not properly aligned so the gun isn’t going through a full cycle or would it still complete a cycle

• Supporters

a dropped fps sounds very much an air seal issue.

did you check the seal between the nozzle and the hop? if there's enough play for the hop to move forward/back then it can end up leaking there which would give a leak even if the box seems fine on a static test.

one solution is the inclusion of a spring (or o-rings) to push the hop unit back tight to the gearbox.

Hold up mate.

The seal Adolf was talking about is between the nozzle and hop rubber!

Maxx units require the nozzle to be of a certain length. In my M4s I use 21.3/21.4mm nozzles and they seal/feed just fine but YMMV.

Also, if you're pulling 30 RPS and you have FPS drops it might be that you haven't cut the tappet plate fin: what happens is your gun cycles way too fast for the nozzle to be back in battery (fully extended into the hop rubber), shortening the tappet fin will anticipate the nozzle's release, but don't overdo it or your gun won't feed anymore (nozzle won't retract further enough to chamber bbs)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.