Help with nozzle size

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I destroyed my hop chamber by forcing a mag in and now I'm getting missfeeds so I am replacing my hop chamber and while at it the nozzle as its been giving me compression issues anyway.

I was going to grab a zci cnc hop chamber and a new zci nozzle but unsure of the size I need

I have a specna arms sa-07 edge with zci advanced 13:1 gears zci lightweight piston and double oring piston head powered by a zci high torque motor and an upgraded 297mm zci 6.02 barrel

Err..measure the existing one?

Alternatively, if you want to take a punt, it is an M4, so a standard 21.4mm M4 nozzle should do the trick.

I didn't measure because from what I was told the nozzle length is directly linked to the hop chamber and I'm replacing the hop chamber and zci have 2 different length nozzles.

I will give the 21.4 a go and see if I have any issues

1 hour ago, steverebo said:

I didn't measure because from what I was told the nozzle length is directly linked to the hop chamber and I'm replacing the hop chamber and zci have 2 different length nozzles.

I will give the 21.4 a go and see if I have any issues

I wouldn't say nozzle length is directly linked to the hop chamber.  It's more of a combination of many parts, tappet plate, gearbox shell, bucking, outer barrel etc.  

• Supporters
16 hours ago, steverebo said:

zci cnc hop chamber

The £10 plastic ones work just fine.  I can't see why you'd get any more accuracy out of a tin version.

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The £10 plastic ones work just fine.  I can't see why you'd get any more accuracy out of a tin version.

Cheers I went for the plastic one it looked solid, negative airsofts video assisted in convincing me to save the extra I would have spent 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, steverebo said:

negative airsofts video assisted in convincing me to save the extra I would have spent 

They've only recently come back into stock after he bought up a bundle of them and then the rest sold out in short order when he recommended them. :D 

@steverebo always good to keep in mind that there's so many factors involved nothing is ever 100% guaranteed to fit or work straight away.  Exactly the same with these ZCI plastic chambers.  They are however cheap.  If you purchased from me let me know, I've got some sample zci adjustable nozzles around somewhere, I'll drop one in for you for free 🙂  might help you diagnose any issues.

50 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

@steverebo always good to keep in mind that there's so many factors involved nothing is ever 100% guaranteed to fit or work straight away.  Exactly the same with these ZCI plastic chambers.  They are however cheap.  If you purchased from me let me know, I've got some sample zci adjustable nozzles around somewhere, I'll drop one in for you for free 🙂  might help you diagnose any issues.

Unfortunately you have already shipped my order, I think my entire gearbox has been built with parts from your store 😁 

5 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

@steverebo you're a superstar, thanks.  Hopefully the chamber will work out well for you.  I'm always over-cautious when it comes to anything related to feeding and hop chambers.  It's just such a minefield sometimes.   Let us know how you get on.

Just measured my nozzel and its 21.37mm so would a 21.4mm double o'ring rocket nozzle be OK? 

1 hour ago, steverebo said:

Just measured my nozzel and its 21.37mm so would a 21.4mm double o'ring rocket nozzle be OK? 

That would seem to be a reasonable decision; however, the double o ring nozzles can be a bit sticky.  Single ones usually work fine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.