Favoured BBs

mickyboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know all the different size's etc, and what fps go's with which size, but I would like to know what bb's everybody seems to favour, cheers mick

Edited by Jedi_Master
BB for airsoft, pellet for airgun

Be prepared to get a million and one answers...

Depends on the play (indoor/outdoor) and what gnoos you are using. Generally speaking outdoors with most average AEGs 0.25g or 0.28g is recommended.

I use Nuprol Bio .25s as they are cheap, work very well in my AEGs and my outdoor site mandates bio. Others prefer Vorsk, Ares Amoeba, ASG, Evolution, ad nauseum, your mileage may vary.

Geoffs, BLS or ASG blaster are my go-to BBs.

Used G&G 0.28g BBs and Airsoft surgeon 0.30g last year. The latter had some performance issues.

Recently picked up some Azimuth and Green Devil BBs.  Gradually making the switch to Bio. 

Also would echo Geoffs, they have worked nicely in AEGs that were picky with the ammo. 

check with the site you intend to play at a lot of sites have there own supply and may have restriction on bio or not also quiet a few paces ban blasters for shattering.  weight wise 0.25 for pistols and .28 for AEGs but that depends on the gun some AEGs will be happier with lighter BBs. 

• Supporters

Afraid your asking an unanswerable question , your want an opinion on a very personal choice , it’s like “what am best gun ?” One players ‘perfect’ brand of BB is the next players ‘perfect’ example of a pile of shit ! Ultimately your going to need to see if the site your playing at has any restrictions on ammo(bio or non-bio to be used , only use the ammo they sell , etc)and then buy some and give it a go . Obviously your NOT going to buy a bottle of 10,000 bright yellow no name .12’s for £6 from Fleabay , just buy a bottle or bag of a branded name and see how they perform in your guns .

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
On 15/01/2022 at 23:06, Druid799 said:

Afraid your asking an unanswerable question , your want an opinion on a very personal choice , it’s like “what am best gun ?” One players ‘perfect’ brand of BB is the next players ‘perfect’ example of a pile of shit ! Ultimately your going to need to see if the site your playing at has any restrictions on ammo(bio or non-bio to be used , only use the ammo they sell , etc)and then buy some and give it a go . Obviously your NOT going to buy a bottle of 10,000 bright yellow no name .12’s for £6 from Fleabay , just buy a bottle or bag of a branded name and see how they perform in your guns .

Not an unanswerable question at all. You're right in saying there's variance but also there's well respected brands, and there's shit brands.

Even if it was just opinions, that still wouldn't be unanswerable. Opinions help people make decisions.

@mickyboy I switched to Geoff's last year, haven't looked back since - no problems with feeding through any of my RIFs

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

• 2 months later...

As other have commented, this is something you cant really answer, you have to experience.

My two pence:

I recently switched from Zero One Blitz BBs (local shop/site decent BBs) back to ASG Devil Blasters (great) and I have some Geoffs to try as well.

In an effort to convince myself that I'm doing the right thing by way of the planet, I've also got some ASG Open Blaster bio BBs and have to say the .28s were mint out of my TM 416. 

No surprise to see @AlphaBeartalking about Nuprol 🤣

Tbh I tend to whatever is for sale at the site. Weight wise I normally use .25s, but after yesterday I'm definitely switching to .3s

On 04/04/2022 at 15:17, C-Diddy said:

No surprise to see @AlphaBeartalking about Nuprol 🤣

Don't get me started otherwise this topic will go off piste. Not that anyone does that on this forum.. @C-Diddy🤣

Edited by AlphaBear

• Supporters
1 minute ago, AlphaBear said:

Don't get me started otherwise this topic will go off piste. Not that anyone does that on this forum.. @C-Diddy🤣

to be fair, this thread hasn't been derailed yet, so if anything it's due a little diversion :P

*runs*

I read something about strawberries earlier but I find the seeds get stuck in my teeth.... I'm more of a cherry man myself but each to their own I guess... 😇

*let it begin*

Edited by AlphaBear

• Supporters
Just now, AlphaBear said:

I read some about strawberries earlier but I find the seeds get stuck in my teeth.... I'm more of a cherry man myself but each to their own I guess... 😇

not gonna lie, strawberries for the win, cherries are just too damn sour.

although in juice form nothing beats the mango, if you disagree then your wrong and i will 1v1 you irl......

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

not gonna lie, strawberries for the win, cherries are just too damn sour.

although in juice form nothing beats the mango, if you disagree then your wrong and i will 1v1 you irl......

I'll give you the mango juice..... I'm also partial to some melons too come to think of it.... 

But like BB's it's got to be quality fruit (see what I did there?)..

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I'll give you the mango juice..... I'm also partial to some melons too come to think of it.... 

i do not like melons. can't exactly explain why, just don't like 'em

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

But like BB's it's got to be quality fruit (see what I did there?)..

you mean it's worth paying a bit more to get a quality product rather than just buying any old crap that's cheap?

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i do not like melons. can't exactly explain why, just don't like 'em

I find melons fascinating, they come in different sizes too which is handy! The true test of a good melon is if you can get your teeth into it and bite off a decent watery chunk....

Back too the topic of BB's :P

Has anyone used a melon as a BB target? I reckon it will make a great BB catcher too.... wait wasn't that a different thread on here? 

Edited by AlphaBear

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I find melons fascinating, they come in different sizes too which is handy! The true test of a good melon is if you can get your teeth into it and bite off a decent watery chunk....

nah, the flavour just ain't right.

3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Has anyone used a melon as a BB target? I reckon it will make a great BB catcher too.... wait wasn't that a different thread on here? 

afaik the only use of melons as bb targets was redwolf showing off one of the airsoft miniguns.

i assume that showing off obscene rates of fire is their only real utility in airsoft.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.