Regular UK Armed Forces Impression Kit (Infantry)

tomtical

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I haven't seen this done, I assume it is/has been .. Can anybody link me to any great modern UK Regular Infantry impressionist instagrams/kits/posts etc. ? 

Interested to know if this is considered controversial at all?

Disclaimer: I'm not looking to put one together myself. 

Edited by tomtical

• tomtical changed the title to Regular UK Armed Forces Impression Kit (Infantry)

In my experience there's 1  reason people usually get pissy. They're getting offended on behalf of others (who often don't give a shit).

Unless you're walting these people are best ignored or told to where to go

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

What does annoy me is airsofters buying gear that is on the restricted list currently, so things like the latest model of body armour etc that should really still be with HM Forces.  Essentially, its theft.

This. It's worth noting that if you buy something that's nicked and the seller gets caught, you could easily loose the thing you bought and the money paid for it 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ex reserves 12 years signals

I would never wear my beret

Or full uniform

Like to only wear mtp bottoms  and hoodie

Boots only

I've seen some with badges  berets and rank slides

Some dressing like navy seals beards  to go as well

Maybe that's the only way they can live there dream

Walter mittys 

Lol

Try 2 weeks in the field wet

Done plenty stag

1 hour ago, Daza said:

I'm ex reserves 12 years signals

I would never wear my beret

Or full uniform

Like to only wear mtp bottoms  and hoodie

Boots only

I've seen some with badges  berets and rank slides

Some dressing like navy seals beards  to go as well

Maybe that's the only way they can live there dream

Walter mittys 

Lol

Try 2 weeks in the field wet

Done plenty stag

Don’t take yourself too seriously bud; remember you are playing soldier every other Sunday too 😎

• Supporters

My take has always been if your dressed like a SEAL team 6&3/4’s operatooor or a Spetnaz ninja assassin ? Crack on unlikely your going to cross paths with a real one ?😆

British kit ? As long as your not being a twat again just crack on BUT stay away from Reg badges/rank slides/qualification patches anything like that as some could be offended .
Savy ? 😉

• Supporters

i've always gone with generic kit is fine, and just don't go as far to start putting patches/insignia on that'll point to a very specific unit.

but then i don't even bother with the comedy/non serious patches and am entirely mystified by how involved some folk are with them, although the world is full of hobbies that mystify me like trainspotting or stamp collecting....

17 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

hobbies that mystify me like trainspotting or stamp collecting....

Why have an ‘or’ when an ‘and’ will do just as well?

471A5B59-1034-4C99-800A-F46A6DD831EB.jpeg.210e5b70821780248335d4fa1f7427c1.jpeg

8449E298-E587-4980-8305-BCC5255CC23F.jpeg.bdd89ff69b477c6c147238e0e47f63c9.jpeg

Avoid combining stamps, trains and anoraks at once - the unholy trinity may cause the end of the world, or ruin the sticky side of your stamps out in the damp air

These nerds are on a day out to the highest station in the U.K.  at Corrour

72655173-769C-4F9B-A382-15D09DEB4606.thumb.jpeg.367bd97618666314dbc288e1caf21864.jpeg

….. which isn’t far from Spean and the Commando monument where they could have had a nice sit down on the bench for their picnic & vaguely slips back on topic 34FFE5E5-16C3-4F3E-A3BA-E27478C259F8.thumb.jpeg.b1da8b47fb860914bc4f67476737a960.jpeg

The majority of people couldn’t care less what you wear & how accurate or thrown together a ‘look’ is

There will always be that one guy who will either call you out for being inaccurate with the wrong or missing badges or for daring to have badges and ‘calling out’ a spotty teenager for ‘walting’ as a steeley eyed dealer of death

Everyone knows airsofters are playing a game of dress up, some may look down, some may love their eBay income inflated by ‘SAS issue’ spammed in the title 

A minor top tip on getting the British Army look to be just right is to not wear anything as per regulations 

Thats for recruits who have to comply with the instructor

On arrival at unit they then have to comply with the new shouty man with the badges & stick and what he (maybe she) tells them on how to wear kit

Then they learn what they can get away with replacing with shiney kit from their surplus cash burning holes in pockets

Followed by learning what falls apart and is best left to free exchange at Q&Ms, and can be supported overseas

Find some photos of an era you like, recreate a look that you like 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.