Deepfire AEG Barrels

Tactical Pith Helmet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone any experience of the above?   Searching the forum gave mixed feedback, but not for the TBB.  

Thanks for any answers!

I think you may well right! 

I'm aiming at 400fps with a 690mm inner barrel. 

I am limited in choice due to the length obvs.   As I've had long barrelled CYMA RPKs at 400 fps as standard out of the box (not for long!), I thought that a full length inner may allow me to get away with a weaker spring than fitting say a 650mm inner barrel would.  The innards can handle it I'm sure.  

Also...  I don't like changing components too much too soon.  If your rif really doesn't like something you can't always figure put what if you change too many things at once.   I have had a CYMA that shot far better with a standard barrel than a decent tight bore.  It took a while to isolate though, especially as the barrel worked in other rifs.  

If all I can find is ultra expensive or obscure though, ZCI will get the spons.  

• Supporters

690 is a long barrel, think the longest i've seen be relatively available is 650.

there wouldn't be any harm in dropping 40mm from the end, there are those that'd argue beyond 500ish is too long for an aeg anyway.

sadly hard to comment, only aeg i've used with a barrel that long was the '42, and needless to say accuracy wasn't exactly a priority with a gun like that.

Thanks Sir.  I appreciate your comments.  

The aeg barrel length long v short seems to be one of those campfire questions that will never be resolved.  I just fancy utilising all that lovely cylinder volume.

Then again I have an M4 on the bench at the mo with a tiny CQB barrel.  I could probably get them to perform about the same.  

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Thanks Sir.  I appreciate your comments.  

The aeg barrel length long v short seems to be one of those campfire questions that will never be resolved.  I just fancy utilising all that lovely cylinder volume.

Then again I have an M4 on the bench at the mo with a tiny CQB barrel.  I could probably get them to perform about the same.  

generally 40mm ain't gonna be too much of an effect volume wise, especially as a proportion of the total length we're dealing with here.

but if it makes it easier to source then defo a bonus.

the real challenge is gonna be getting the main system sufficiently consistent (air seal etc) to really take advantage of a good ammo/barrel combo.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.