Opinions please

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've been stripping the handguard on my Ares mutant ready for a fresh coat of matte black as it was badly scratched, and decided to see what it looked like as bare metal.

I kind of like it. I'm thinking I might spray it up in gunmetal, and do the buffer tube too. What does everyone think?

IMG20220111205536.jpg

3 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Looks good to me.

Might give your position away with the glinting 😉

I'm using an acetech brighter C, and the tracer rounds are bright even in daylight, they'll see me if they want to or not 🤣

If you like it, go for it. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. It makes a change to see something standing out from the rest of the crowd, and, as already pointed out; if you don't like it, change it 

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

A gun metal finish is more subtle than bare metal 

But it’s your gun, for your fun

We’re playing games for our own benefit 

As long as you’re not destroying other peoples ability to have fun then that’s fine

I'm thinking more gunmetal than bare metal, just need to decide on the exact colour. I'll probably be using Halfords rattle cans, and they're all specific car colours.

Nissan gunmetal sounds good though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.