Krytac Vectors - Hen's teeth?

ScenoGGs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I can’t help you with sourcing one, but I’ve owned a Vector and found it terribly front heavy, with generally a poor design both ergonomically and technically.

Have you tried one?  Bespoke Airsoft supply a KWA thing that looks a bit Vectorish.  I think it’s called a TK45 Ronin

Edited by Captain Darling

Yeah, I was able to have a quick go with one at the site a couple of months back and was smitten to be honest. Vector's are my favourite platform, even with all of it's quirks (and downfalls!). I have seen the TK45 Ronin and it looks great also, however just doesn't give me that spark the way the vector does.

5 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I can’t help you with sourcing one, but I’ve owned a Vector and found it terribly front heavy, with generally a poor design both ergonomically and technically.

Have you tried one?  Bespoke Airsoft supply a KWA thing that looks a bit Vectorish.  I think it’s called a TK45 Ronin

Krytac is spectacularly bad for an AEG

2 hours ago, ScenoGGs said:

Yeah, I was able to have a quick go with one at the site a couple of months back and was smitten to be honest. Vector's are my favourite platform, even with all of it's quirks (and downfalls!). I have seen the TK45 Ronin and it looks great also, however just doesn't give me that spark the way the vector does.

Always a few that come up used

or

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/krytac-kriss-vector-aeg-tan-licenced/

https://urbanairsoftuk.com/product/krytac-kriss-vector-limited-edition/

• Supporters

Alternatively, if your happy with aeg variants, consider the much cheaper but still good A&k k5 mod1 Vector "knock off". 

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/a-k-mod1-aeg-tan

7593cc4bfe2961c5637ba3c0d46488e7.jpg

@rocketdogbert, wot, why the laughing face, I've got one & I can't find any issues with it, & at that price (£199😲) it does what it's supposed to ? 

Edited by Tackle

On 11/01/2022 at 20:52, ScenoGGs said:

Trying to find a bead on a Krytac Vector that's actually in stock in the UK but I'm guessing the customs hold up has caught them. Anyone got any leads? There's probably a local site that's got a few on the wall that I'd love to buy!

I had a Vector and sold it after a month.

It was an itch i wanted to scratch and it did not fail me. In fact it worked really well.

Just after owning it. I did not like the feel or general "pointyness" of it for CQB. Its also fucking heavy.

If you haven't actually held one in anger. I would recommend you do that first before making the leap. If you can actually find one.

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Apparently according to airsoftdb, deacon have them in stock

https://www.airsoftdb.com/search/?q=Krytac+vector

Damn this website is incredible! Thanks for that, will give it a look at. Have been in touch with landwarrior/extremeairsoft and they seem to be expecting a delivery of them imminently too, within the next 48 hours... Let's see if thats true!

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Krytac is spectacularly bad for an AEG

Always a few that come up used

or

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/krytac-kriss-vector-aeg-tan-licenced/

https://urbanairsoftuk.com/product/krytac-kriss-vector-limited-edition/

Legend thanks. I've been scouting about topics on the vector and it seems that you're the Vector master around here so interested to know more! Out of intest, what makes the AEG so bad?

14 minutes ago, ScenoGGs said:

Damn this website is incredible! Thanks for that, will give it a look at. Have been in touch with landwarrior/extremeairsoft and they seem to be expecting a delivery of them imminently too, within the next 48 hours... Let's see if thats true!

Legend thanks. I've been scouting about topics on the vector and it seems that you're the Vector master around here so interested to know more! Out of intest, what makes the AEG so bad?

Sorry, not a bad gun (particularly now the Perun mosfet is available), the weight distribution isn’t good, and it weighs almost the same as the KWA GBB.

If you buy one, I’d recommend finding somewhere on the stock to load lead and try and move the balance point as far back towards the trigger as possible. Not easy with the folding stock

Im far from an expert on the Krytac, I tend to gut them and build gas blow backs with the body’s 🤣

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Sorry, not a bad gun (particularly now the Perun mosfet is available), the weight distribution isn’t good, and it weighs almost the same as the KWA GBB.

If you buy one, I’d recommend finding somewhere on the stock to load lead and try and move the balance point as far back towards the trigger as possible. Not easy with the folding stock

Im far from an expert on the Krytac, I tend to gut them and build gas blow backs with the body’s 🤣

Got you. Clever idea with adding weight to the tail end to balance out.

Now.... saying you're gutting these to build GBBs... now that is interesting, any links to some viewing material on that?

16 minutes ago, ScenoGGs said:

Got you. Clever idea with adding weight to the tail end to balance out.

Now.... saying you're gutting these to build GBBs... now that is interesting, any links to some viewing material on that?

No, I’ve put nothing on line, sorry. I have a pdf I can email or WhatsApp you, drop me a DM

Its not drop in

For those reading: Extreme Airsoft got a batch in last nigh, think there's only a few in. Managed to snag myself one that should arrive early next week!

On 13/01/2022 at 15:45, rocketdogbert said:

No, I’ve put nothing on line, sorry. I have a pdf I can email or WhatsApp you, drop me a DM

Its not drop in

Will do mate, I'm interested to see the method.

I CQB'd mine last night for the first time, folded stock and unfolded, it hits hard , and its not particularly light but its not stupid heavy.. its got a good heft imo... but

1 - full auto for CQB is pointless as its generally not allowed, semi only. 

2 - you definitely need a tracer unit as you cant really judge your shooting in the dark. 

3- i did thumb the safety on by accident a few times.  

Its a Krytac and I really dig it! 

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-14 at 16.55.41.jpeg

• Supporters

😭 I still don't know why peeps are laughing at my A&K vector knock off ? you-laugh-at-2qdkn2.jpg.102d401a3ea67e610128be112690ce1f.jpg

Isn't the whole point that the toys propel bb's at what we aim for, with a level of accuracy & reliability ?, everything else is just cosmetic. 

Box ticked

Don't listen too em fella.

It's jealousy in its most basic form. 

I think it looks great but then again I'm a neanderthal know nothing git!!

Regards 

43 minutes ago, Tackle said:

😭 I still don't know why peeps are laughing at my A&K vector knock off ? you-laugh-at-2qdkn2.jpg.102d401a3ea67e610128be112690ce1f.jpg

Isn't the whole point that the toys propel bb's at what we aim for, with a level of accuracy & reliability ?, everything else is just cosmetic. 

Box ticked

Def can't knock em mate, I can't say I haven't been tempted a number of times over the last month while chasing the Krytac high!

The thing that was a deal breaker for me was the high-caps. Couldn't seem to see a mid-cap mag for that otherwise it'd have been bought!

1 hour ago, Scorp said:

I CQB'd mine last night for the first time, folded stock and unfolded, it hits hard , and its not particularly light but its not stupid heavy.. its got a good heft imo... but

1 - full auto for CQB is pointless as its generally not allowed, semi only. 

2 - you definitely need a tracer unit as you cant really judge your shooting in the dark. 

3- i did thumb the safety on by accident a few times.  

Its a Krytac and I really dig it! 

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-14 at 16.55.41.jpeg

Very nice my man, been holding out for that dual tone and excited for it to come through next week! Tracer's being moved from my M4 over to the vector day 1, don't think I can return to non-tracer life now. The weight hasn't really put me off - been running a pretty long, chunky m4 for a while and part of the allure of the vector was a smaller platform to fly about my CQB site without taking chunks out of my handguard or the site's plywood walls 😂.

2 hours ago, ScenoGGs said:

The weight hasn't really put me off - been running a pretty long, chunky m4 for a while and part of the allure of the vector was a smaller platform to fly about my CQB site without taking chunks out of my handguard or the site's plywood walls 😂.

Absolutely, my intention was for CQB use too, though I cant wait to try woodlands with it as I've only had it a short time.

Regarding weights, my VFC Avalon CQB with short dot 9no mag) weighs 3.23kg, the vector 2.9kg, my gas shotty 2.2kg. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-14 at 20.43.10.jpeg

Another update:

Extremeairsoft managed to get me my two tone black/tan krytac vector to me today with a couple of mags and the battery extension grip. 

Not sure why their site isn't updated as its still saying preorder but if anyone's looking for one def give them a call and see what's in stock. 

Weight wise it is a beefy boy but def a fair bit lighter than my m4 (as expected), excited to get it out for a test run tomorrow at my cqb site. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.