Replacement motor

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was just putting the Sig back together for an fps check, and one of the motor contacts broke off.

Anyonme know of an equivalent motor to the ultimate infinity 30k? I'm struggling to find the short type in stock.

2 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Check an RC car shop see if they have have replacement contacts rather than binning a otherwise functioning motor?

I didn't think I'd be able to/it would be safe to replace parts of the motor. I hadn't thought of that.

Can you solder a a direct connection on to the terminal, a spade connector tucked into the grip would be the same as one on the motor.

Edited by concretesnail

The metal piece that the wire was soldered onto has broken off. I don't know if I can replace/fix that.

IMG20220111153718.jpg

IMG20220111153707.jpg

• Supporters

dat carbon.....

it is possible to solder onto other portions of the connector, i've done it a couple of times although it's more of a bodge than a proper fix.

as @BigStew says it may be possible to pillage connector plates from other motors/get them as spares.

if it were me, i'd be thinking about cleaning up that wiring too, don't want it trying to short itself on the gearbox casing.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

dat carbon.....

it is possible to solder onto other portions of the connector, i've done it a couple of times although it's more of a bodge than a proper fix.

as @BigStew says it may be possible to pillage connector plates from other motors/get them as spares.

if it were me, i'd be thinking about cleaning up that wiring too, don't want it trying to short itself on the gearbox casing.

I'm fully re-wiring the sig, I was only putting it back together to see what my fps is with an sp120, and 16/1 gears SS two teeth.

I could try soldering the wire to the raised portion of the metal contact? That might actually make it easier to fit the motor too.

4 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

I'm fully re-wiring the sig, I was only putting it back together to see what my fps is with an sp120, and 16/1 gears SS two teeth.

I could try soldering the wire to the raised portion of the metal contact? That might actually make it easier to fit the motor too.

You can just makes it hard to remove the motor as you'll have to de-solder it every time.  I would see if you can get parts 1st then worse case you can solder it directly.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

you could, but as a more long term solution @BigStew's point about getting parts would be the better method.

one possibility, is to solder to the motor and site a conventional connector (eg a deans connector) elsewhere, for example if you're using/planning to use a gate external mosfet then that'll plug straight in.

52 minutes ago, BigStew said:

You can just makes it hard to remove the motor as you'll have to de-solder it every time.  I would see if you can get parts 1st then worse case you can solder it directly.

Sorry I did mean say to add a connector on or fit it to an extra length of wire into the grip.

I got side tracked by the toddler I guess. (Brrains a nit mush)

You might be able to get a whole new end bell, I sell standard Chinese ones but ASG are slightly different. 

As an alternative a SHS HT Short is roughly the same rpm but I prefer the XT 22TPA, both will work well as a pretty decent replacement.

image.png.0f9105c8109c7b73279177eabff9cd4c.png

Maybe try and solder / weld the tab back on? 

Or you can drill and tap the part where the spring goes and then fit one of those little screw connectors etc

Edited by ak2m4

• Supporters
On 11/01/2022 at 17:46, strykerles said:

there's one for sale on the classifieds atm if you're interested

Cash or bank transfer only. Not with a bargepole.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.