Which bucking?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking at getting a maple leaf omega nub, and just wondered what people's opinion are on the best bucking to combine it with.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, LazzurusMan said:

I'm looking at getting a maple leaf omega nub, and just wondered what people's opinion are on the best bucking to combine it with.

The Omega nub is designed to work with the Maple Leaf range of rubbers. Personally I usually go for the tan coloured Macaron rubber.

Cheers guys, couldnt decide which macron rubber to go with, or if I should flat hop it. 

I'll add the macron bucking to my growing shopping list 

@LazzurusMan What weight BB's will you be using / what is your FPS as this can influence which ML bucking is appropriate (it usually follows that the heavier the BB / the higher the FPS the higher the "degree" value (the rubber / silicone is harder the higher the "degree").

22 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

@LazzurusMan What weight BB's will you be using / what is your FPS as this can influence which ML bucking is appropriate (it usually follows that the heavier the BB / the higher the FPS the higher the "degree" value (the rubber / silicone is harder the higher the "degree").

.25 at least, tempted to go up to .28 or .30.

FPS not a clue, the rifle is still in bits waiting in a full rewire and a new motor. Hoping to have it just under 350, but if it's over I've just limit it to semi and use it as a dmr, so I'll be uping the weight if I do.

• Supporters
On 11/01/2022 at 10:01, LazzurusMan said:

Cheers guys, couldnt decide which macron rubber to go with, or if I should flat hop it. 

I'll add the macron bucking to my growing shopping list 

The Macaron rubber is 90% of the performance of flat hop with about 5% of the effort so unless you plan on trying to lift very heavy ammo (ie more than the .28/.3 you mention) then it not really worth the hassle.

The 50o or 60o Macaron should be fine for you.

I agree with the choice of Maple leaf especially the MR bucking (old version and new). However all their buckings are good, and they work very well with the Omega nub, which is my go to nub for all buckings. However ML buckings can cause feeding problems with some guns - it is down to the longer and thicker lips. Some people have sanded them down, to make them work, and this apparently can sort the issue. From my experience a longer nozzle can sort this problem, or alternatively go for a TNT TR bucking, I have used quite a few of these and they are superb. They are like the ML MR hop, effectively a drop in R hop rubber. 

The long and short of it is, if a Maple Leaf bucking and Omega nub works in your rifle it will work well, especially when paired with a Maple Leaf barrel.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.