S&T Lee-Enfield has landed !

Druid799

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

For once nope not the case , it’s what the going price is . From HK it’s the same price in US $’s as it is in UK £’s so by the time you add all the ‘extras’ on there’s a very good chance it could end up costing more to import than buying in the UK ! 😳

The going rate on Japanese and Taiwanese sites for these rifles seems to be £260-300. I think it's just the scarcity over here that is driving the high price, the SMLE has been out in Japan for some time, but obviously being closer to the source they've had fewer supply issues.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Algy said:

The going rate on Japanese and Taiwanese sites for these rifles seems to be £260-300. I think it's just the scarcity over here that is driving the high price, the SMLE has been out in Japan for some time, but obviously being closer to the source they've had fewer supply issues.

Yea some sites over seas are a lot cheaper BUT once you factor in all the charges that will accompany buying it from the Far East and importing it yourself you end up with around the same price as you’ve got over here .

On 11/01/2022 at 21:51, EDcase said:

We await your fondling report...

While we await @rocketdogbert fondling report,  I have just seen this video on YouTube.  Guess this is the best we can do for the moment

Taiwangun listing them at £243 not incl tax and shipping.  Still will work out cheaper than DCA.  Minor problem is they STILL aren't shipping to the UK

Edited by EvilMonkee

1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

RS stocks apparently fit.  Loads around and not expensive.  

I don't know about that. Woodwork for the No.1 MkIII is not as common as for the No.4 rifles, and even repro stocks are quite expensive. 

A

20 hours ago, Diemaco said:

I don't know about that. Woodwork for the No.1 MkIII is not as common as for the No.4 rifles, and even repro stocks are quite expensive. 

Apologies if I'm wrong, it's been about four or five years since I last bought some.  It was cheaper than Hogue back then I do remember.  

• 1 month later...

I think I speak for all those who bought the first batch (many probably wishing to avoid missing out and forever regretting it) when I say...damn-curses.gif.dcda523e650a7a5362cd9b83e3c632c2.gif

23 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

I think I speak for all those who bought the first batch (many probably wishing to avoid missing out and forever regretting it) when I say...damn-curses.gif.dcda523e650a7a5362cd9b83e3c632c2.gif

Yeah man, never settle for something which is clearly overpriced. I always knew these were worth like £350 at the most (they are just a springer after all in a nice body) so was a clear no until i saw more realistic prices. Unfortunately these people know how much demand there is for Enfield's so will ramp up the price unnecessarily any chance they get, as they know people get exited and will pay way overprice to finally have one of these....

23 hours ago, EDcase said:

I'll bet the price goes up when actually available 🙄

I'm not so sure about that. All their other S&T rifles have sold for about that price or less. So I'm pretty confident it will stay. 

Mine just arrived, ordered yesterday!  Great work Patrol Base, not so much UPS who just dumped it on the door step and rang the bell once.  So much for it needing signed for.......Really impressed so far, looks and feels great, the wood is much less orange than in most pics.

Got mine today too, Patrol base at their best ! Does look and feel right (I learned to shoot with a 303 at school) Anyone seen spare mags in stock anywhere ?

Just now, Nick G said:

Got mine today too, Patrol base at their best ! Does look and feel right (I learned to shoot with a 303 at school) Anyone seen spare mags in stock anywhere ?

Annoyingly Patrol Base have just put them up on the website. ......

Any ideas on where to get real steel parts like the nose cap?

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Annoyingly Patrol Base have just put them up on the website. ......

Showing as out of stock already !

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Any ideas on where to get real steel parts like the nose cap?

Lots of genuine parts on ebay. Just ordered a nose cap. Father in law's bayonet should look a treat on it 🤣

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Showing as out of stock already !

Lots of genuine parts on ebay. Just ordered a nose cap. Father in law's bayonet should look a treat on it 🤣

Glad I jumped on mine then.  Will go have a look, gradually want to replace all the metal with genuine bits if I can afford it.  

Bespoke have got some again , but priced at £459 ! making a profit is one thing as is supply and demand, but hell's teeth thats 50% more than I paid Patrol base last week 

15 hours ago, Nick G said:

Bespoke have got some again , but priced at £459 ! making a profit is one thing as is supply and demand, but hell's teeth thats 50% more than I paid Patrol base last week 

Bespoke are in the same realms as Daves Custom Airsoft for being scalpers.