S&T Lee-Enfield has landed !

Druid799

• Supporters

As titled has landed at last , Dave’s custom have them in limited stock .

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/s-and-t-lee-enfield-no-1-mkiii-smle-spring-rifle-real-wood?search=S%26t lee enfield

clip from YouTube , will you listen to the sound of it cycling ? Ooff suits you sir ! 

Ooooh some sex-wee has escaped 😅

Have they got any plans for a no4 though?   

I have an absolute 'thing' for cycling the Lee Enfield bolt action, it does that 'ASMR' thing for me, but I've fired the no4 a lot, never the SMLE.  So it's a nostalgia angle for me.  
And WW2 just appeals much more than WW1. 

27 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

2 tone options!?!?!?!

Yeah that would be an awful thing to do to such a beautifully presented gun.   
Luckily the £450 price tag should make it a non-runner for the less serious player. 

----

Watching him shooting it (towards the end of the video... struggling to reach 40m target let alone hit it, does suggest this is tending towards the wall-hanger end of the spectrum, until it's been upgraded.   Still if it is VSR10 compatible, there's some hope it'd become vaguely usable.   
Hmmm perhaps skirmishing isn't really the point of this.  I'd just wear out the action cycling the bolt all the time and be happy with that ;)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

2 tone options!?!?!?!

😜58801554.jpg.25014a73e1015e4d836dc7d13a16fc1a.jpg

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

2 tone options!?!?!?!

Unfortunately yes it is available !😳

21 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Luckily the £450 price tag should make it a non-runner for the less serious player. 

Unfortunately no it won’t over the years I’ve seen plenty of 2-tone TM recoils AND even seen in the classified on this very forum an L1A1 with a full wood upgrade kit for sale that was puss green ! 🤢🤮

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

sadly it wouldn't surprise me :(

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

😜58801554.jpg.25014a73e1015e4d836dc7d13a16fc1a.jpg

now now, no need to be polite about it......

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Unfortunately no it won’t over the years I’ve seen plenty of 2-tone TM recoils AND even seen in the classified on this very forum an L1A1 with a full wood upgrade kit for sale that was puss green ! 🤢🤮

yep, they walk among us.

hopefully not in this case.

It would be a shame to get one toned but if someone wants one for garden plinking only then that would be their only option.

At that price I'm not going to get one in any tone 😞

Hopefully the price will come down once there are more in country 🤞

42 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Have they got any plans for a no4 though?   

Already here.  

Advantage of the SMLE is that the Aussie and Ishapore factories only ever made SMLEs, and they remained on issue in WWII, so you can do either 14-19 or 39-45. 

1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Already here.  

Advantage of the SMLE is that the Aussie and Ishapore factories only ever made SMLEs, and they remained on issue in WWII, so you can do either 14-19 or 39-45. 

There's the RWA version isn't there?  But the bolt action on that didn't look very smooth / easy.  I might not find that entirely satisfies

5 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Watching him shooting it (towards the end of the video... struggling to reach 40m target let alone hit it, does suggest this is tending towards the wall-hanger end of the spectrum, until it's been upgraded.   Still if it is VSR10 compatible, there's some hope it'd become vaguely usable.   
Hmmm perhaps skirmishing isn't really the point of this.  I'd just wear out the action cycling the bolt all the time and be happy with that ;)

Highly doubt it is vsr compatible. The travel on that pull looks extremely short, even shorter than the striker I think. Looks nice but probably only good for reenactments sadly. 

9 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Highly doubt it is vsr compatible. The travel on that pull looks extremely short, even shorter than the striker I think. Looks nice but probably only good for reenactments sadly. 

Yeah sorry I took this

"We currently believe that this rifle uses a VSR Barrel setup and hop-unit"

And brought "VSR compatible" to the thread.  My mistake.

Vintage Airsoft do VSR based SMLE's and No4s (IIRC).  

Personally I want a long Lee, but there we go.  Colonial era airsoft would be good fun.  Single shot or BA v melee weapons.  

10 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Quite sure they've bumped up the price to cash in on first buyers.

I suspect (hope) as soon as other retailers get them in the price should drop.

I hope so. Always seems to be the case with Enfield's... Jacked up extortionate prices for sub par rifles because they know people are dying for Enfields on the market so will pay...

Edited by Armo1000

On 08/01/2022 at 19:06, Druid799 said:

That l1a1 could easily be sorted as could one of these, there wood after all. Sand it down and re varnish.  Or the LIme Green L1A1 could be easily painted over for that Rodie look. :)

14 hours ago, Armo1000 said:

£450 seems a bit pricey considering their K98s and other spring rifles are like £250-350. Annoying as i was hoping this would finally be the affordable and skirmishable spring Enfield we all wanted....

Typical Daves Custom Airsoft behaviour.  Wait till they hit Taiwangun or Gunfire.

• Supporters
On 10/01/2022 at 14:57, EvilMonkee said:

Typical Daves Custom Airsoft behaviour.  Wait till they hit Taiwangun or Gunfire.

For once nope not the case , it’s what the going price is . From HK it’s the same price in US $’s as it is in UK £’s so by the time you add all the ‘extras’ on there’s a very good chance it could end up costing more to import than buying in the UK ! 😳

On 10/01/2022 at 17:27, Danno46 said:

Bespoke have them at £459 as well 

I rang them today, were a bit shady about me going there and handling one, but eventually said I could

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

For once nope not the case , it’s what the going price is . From HK it’s the same price in US $’s as it is in UK £’s so by the time you add all the ‘extras’ on there’s a very good chance it could end up costing more to import than buying in the UK ! 😳

Well that sucks then. Guess i will have to pass on this then as just another overpriced airsoft Enfield.