Help with upgrading Tokyo Marui l96

Archie hayter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

image.png.addce367c0609202c28f82a7f943a7c5.png

Sorry, I don't have anything useful to contribute, my upgraded TM gun is now less good than it was originally.  And that's sort of the point of my pic.

As soon as you change the spring (the obvious upgrade for MOAR POWERRRRR) the more you stress everything else, maybe spoil the smoothness of the bolt action etc.  And the famed TM accuracy can go out the window. 
But I can understand that you'd want to get up from < 300fps to the site limit. 

I'll leave you in the hands of the people who've successfully upgraded their guns ;)

Do consider one alternative approach:  As your gun is probably under the site limit for AEGs you won't need to worry about the 'Minimum Engagement Distance' which can be as much as 30m.  So you could concentrate on buying camouflage, and using SKILLZ to get close enough to engage the enemy...  a decent ghillie cape or suit might be a better investment than chasing an extra few metres of range with a never-ending cycle of upgrades.  Cheaper too (and surely more exciting)! 

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• 1 month later...

I was planning to do the same by buying the AirsoftPro ZERO upgrade trigger and m160 spring. I watched a video here, it doesn't seem too hard https://youtu.be/6pmjJLp9yQQ

It would be around £120 and bring it up to 525fps.

Novritsch also has a video here but it's far more extensive (and expensive!) https://youtu.be/yWi2Xv2pX6Y

Haven't taken the plunge yet as I'm wary of it putting more strain on the other components as RostokMcSpoons said. Then you'll probably end up upgrading everything except the plastic furniture and it'll cost a fortune...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.