TM416D SOPMOD battery advice.

Cjs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, 

I have just purchased the above as my first bit of kit being new to the sport in the last 3 months. 

I have my first game with my new TM416D  with the above battery’s and have heard pretty bad things regarding the SOPMOD battery. 

what is the best way to charge them safely and for how long? 

do they hold charge a couple of days before? 

I have 2 battery’s will they last me a full day? 

I will be converting to lipo very soon, Just wanting my first game with my new gun to be smooth and enjoyable. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Cjs

The sopmod batteries are just old tech and proprietary. two 1300mAh should last you a game day unless you are ridiculously trigger happy.  Really how long to charge them depends on what kind of charger you have and if it's set up for Ni-MH batteries so between half an hour to half a day. They should hold charger for quite a while but I prefer to charge the night before a game just in case. Here's a rewiring tutorial to convert to deans https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DVh-lb41RReo&ved=2ahUKEwjtm-LnmJ_1AhUNZcAKHYKNBmsQxa8BegQIBRAE&usg=AOvVaw2lQ4r0oxSOA-8AuYdOR15G. When you get a lipo you'll be wanting a nunchuck style battery and get nothing larger then a 7.4v but with the highest mAh possible(one 2600mAh should last you a day). Measure the dimensions of your sopmod batteries and get a lipo smaller just so it easier to get in and out your gun.

Edited by BigStew
Spelling

I will be charging with a nuprol NIMH compact charger. 

So are they safe to leave for half a day each ? And they will hold charge ? 

I am not really that trigger happy so good to know I should be set for a days use. 

thanks for the information. I appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Cjs said:

I will be charging with a nuprol NIMH compact charger. 

So are they safe to leave for half a day each ? And they will hold charge ? 

I am not really that trigger happy so good to know I should be set for a days use. 

thanks for the information. Iappreciate it. 

Would not trust nuprol charger as far as can throw it. 

54 minutes ago, Cjs said:

Right ok good to know. Could anyone recommend me one? 

for what reasons should they not be trusted? Quality or safety? 

thanks. 

both reasons.  if you are switching to lipo you'll need a programable smart charge I personally use a Turnagy 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.