LCT RPK74MN EBB - non existent battery space

Spitfire_SVK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have LCT RPK74MN without a blowback unit and I must say it is so far my most favourite gun I have ever owned. Two weeks ago bucking finally said it had enough and torn. 

I thought to myself - yay I have now excuse for missus why I need to purchase a new gun!  So I went and purchased Blowback version of LCT RPK74. Excited me did not payed attention to battery cable sticking from the side. Later when I opened the box at home and after handling the gun for a while I have decided to look what kind of batteries I can fit in to it and I must say I did not expect that there is no battery space whatsoever in this gun. 

I wondering if there is anyone with this gun and what was your solution to this problem. I'm currently set on rear wiring it to the stock as I never folding it (because I'm running this gun with drum mag). The only thing is that I'll be required to remove two screws every time I need to change the battery. 

Thanks and also Happy New Year! 

my friend has an RPK but not sure on the brand and he sits the battery on top of the gearbox, seeing as yours is a blowback it may not be possible. do you have any pics?

45 minutes ago, Spitfire_SVK said:

I have LCT RPK74MN without a blowback unit and I must say it is so far my most favourite gun I have ever owned. Two weeks ago bucking finally said it had enough and torn. 

I thought to myself - yay I have now excuse for missus why I need to purchase a new gun!  So I went and purchased Blowback version of LCT RPK74. Excited me did not payed attention to battery cable sticking from the side. Later when I opened the box at home and after handling the gun for a while I have decided to look what kind of batteries I can fit in to it and I must say I did not expect that there is no battery space whatsoever in this gun. 

I wondering if there is anyone with this gun and what was your solution to this problem. I'm currently set on rear wiring it to the stock as I never folding it (because I'm running this gun with drum mag). The only thing is that I'll be required to remove two screws every time I need to change the battery. 

Thanks and also Happy New Year! 

Is there no space underneath the dust cover, above the gearbox? I've got the non-blowback version, and it came rear wired and that was the place to stick batteries. AK Long Stick type, going through into the gas tube.

E: One definite drawback about that position is that you can't really get a battery with enough mAh in it to last as long as you'd like, considering it's an LMG. So when I was using mine I'd just carry a few spares on me.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

4 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Is there no space underneath the dust cover, above the gearbox? I've got the non-blowback version, and it came rear wired and that was the place to stick batteries. AK Long Stick type, going through into the gas tube.

E: One definite drawback about that position is that you can't really get a battery with enough mAh in it to last as long as you'd like, considering it's an LMG. So when I was using mine I'd just carry a few spares on me.

5 hours ago, strykerles said:

my friend has an RPK but not sure on the brand and he sits the battery on top of the gearbox, seeing as yours is a blowback it may not be possible. do you have any pics?

Mine non-blowback version does have lots of space under the dust cover. 

The blowback version does not have space under the dust cover as there is this massive bolt. Handguard is also no option as this bolt looks almost identical to a real one - you do have bolt going through the whole gas block like on a real gun. 

Sadly I did not took pictures but you can trust me when I'm saying there is no space. I left it with tech already to rear wire it for me as I don't want to mess with it - it requires drilling for cables to be hidden. He was also scratching his head wondering what they expected by designing it without any battery compartment. 

The only picture is by my SO when I opened it in car for few moments where the cable can be seen sticking out. 

IMG_0452.jpg

6 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Why did you buy a new gun just for a torn bucking?  

I wanted a EBB version of that gun for a while but could not justify buying it to missus till the old one was still fully functional. I'll replace the rubber on old one to have both functional. 

6 hours ago, BigStew said:

Is there room in the foregripe some AKs have removable gas tubes to fit a battery there.

No space at all - it almost looked like ill be able to fit crane stock battery there, but they are just bit too long. 

1 hour ago, strykerles said:

peq box and cable ties 🤭

That was a option but not one that I was happy with - if you know someone running RPK that way I want to see pictures as I believe that must look awful on RPKS74 😁

Edited by Spitfire_SVK

I take it you haven't read the reviews on LCT AK EBB range?  They are less than complimentary, basically shaking itself to pieces.  Oh well, caveat emptor.

23 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I take it you haven't read the reviews on LCT AK EBB range?  They are less than complimentary, basically shaking itself to pieces.  Oh well, caveat emptor.

One says that another person something else... Not going to this debate as it is not something I asked for. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.