New around here

NeonMidnight

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

I have stopped in the forum a few times to ask some questions but never really stuck around. I have been playing Airsoft a few years now. Mainly CQB just becuase that was my local site. I want to check out some more woodland sites but I'm not sure if I can justify buying the second loadout... or can I? Anyway, I do like to talk about airsoft as my friends keep telling me.

I'm in the Bristol area.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters
3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, we also like talking about airsoft 😏

Not as much as we like de-railing threads about airsoft. 😜

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Why do you think you need a second loadout for woodland?

But, yes, that.  Camo doesn't do much, and I've used an MP5K as a woodland primary.  Pistol-only might be more of a challenge, but folk do it.

• Supporters

Because we just do, in much the same way my missus probably doesn't need half a million handbags & shoes etc, but that's never stopped her lol

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Tackle said:

my missus probably doesn't need half a million handbags & shoes etc

Fair point, Mrs Borg has fast walking trainers, and slow walking trainers, and several pairs in between.  I refrain from questioning that, as she chooses to accept that I only have one black gun, and one beige one.

21 hours ago, EDcase said:

Why do you think you need a second loadout for woodland?

The lower FPS and short barrel on by CQB rifle ment that last time I went to a large woodland site, I might as well have been trying to throw BBs at people by hand!

When I get round to buying a second rifle I think I will get some kind of DRM setup to contrast my CQB rifle.

Edited by NeonMidnight

2 hours ago, NeonMidnight said:

The lower FPS and short barrel on by CQB rifle ment that last time I went to a large woodland site, I might as well have been trying to throw BBs at people by hand!

When I get round to buying a second rifle I think I will get some kind of DRM setup to contrast my CQB rifle.

The Krytac Trident MK-II PDW should be OK for woodland combat.

Of course we all want different pewpews to play with 😉

Yeah, a DMR would give different gameplay.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, NeonMidnight said:

The lower FPS and short barrel on by CQB rifle

The Krytac Trident MK-II M PDW?

PatrolBase claim 1.04J.  A 155mm barrel should be just about sufficient: I've played with a 1J MP5K with a 110mm barrel (granted, some aftermarket shiny steel one).

If you're getting much less energy than that, or are spraying and praying, then your gun is performing sub-optimally.  You're not going to see hugely different results from (e.g.) 0 1.13J and a 249mm barrel.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.