What's the "best" airsoft helmet at the moment?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I'm in the market for a new airsoft helmet, ideally a ops core clone of a carbon or maritime, but it needs the following: 

1.Be at least a high cut, I need to run ear pro under it. 

2. Be big, I have a 62 cm circumference head (massive) and most airsoft helmets I've had were too small. 

3.Finally, it needs to be not shit and flexible. I don't mind spending for something good. I currently have a pts mtek flux 

I've looked at TMC, FMA and I just can't tell if it'll hit the above. I've had negative experience from evolution gear so I'd rather avoid them but will if I have to. 

Thanks

I've had good experience with my FMA Wendy, Maritime and Caiman helmet. However, I was going to suggest the PTS FLUX but if you still do not like that, I'm unsure outside of RS stuff. Maybe someone else can shed some light

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

Hi all, 

I'm in the market for a new airsoft helmet, ideally a ops core clone of a carbon or maritime, but it needs the following: 

1.Be at least a high cut, I need to run ear pro under it. 

2. Be big, I have a 62 cm circumference head (massive) and most airsoft helmets I've had were too small. 

3.Finally, it needs to be not shit and flexible. I don't mind spending for something good. I currently have a pts mtek flux 

I've looked at TMC, FMA and I just can't tell if it'll hit the above. I've had negative experience from evolution gear so I'd rather avoid them but will if I have to. 

Thanks

I have the same side head!

My FMA Wendy fits well but the bump version is a little bit flexible. It's really not an issue though, if it is then you need to be looking at a real helmet as pretty much ALL airsoft replica ones flex to a degree.

The FMA Maritime is NOT big enough for a 62cm head. The PJ ventilated bump is big enough but isn't a high cut. Might also be worth considering the FMA Airframe as they seem to fit big heads.

Emerson lids are almost universally shite.

52 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

I've had good experience with my FMA Wendy, Maritime and Caiman helmet. However, I was going to suggest the PTS FLUX but if you still do not like that, I'm unsure outside of RS stuff. Maybe someone else can shed some light

The pts mtek flux has all of the functionality I need, just love the classic ops core, the mtek is a bit too modern for me.

Rs is looking more and more like the viable option. 

Thanks! 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

Rs is looking more and more like the viable option. 

Thanks! 

Legit Ops Core lids cost a crapping fortune! Hope you're ready for a bit of spending!

23 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Legit Ops Core lids cost a crapping fortune! Hope you're ready for a bit of spending!

Unfortunately, I think that's where this is heading. 

Was really hoping someone would come in with a gem like - the new TMC ones are the dogs bollocks or check this brand out etc. 

I bought a legit ops core bump years ago because nothing else fitted (this was pre-clones though). Had I been able to, I would have been quite happy running a skate helmet or similar, but being proportioned like the Mekon put paid to that. If it's any consolation, they're decent (even though it's just plastic and foam) and should last well, as well as having good adjustment. Mine's taken a few knocks here and there but is still good - helmet cover helps keep it in good shape and deadens noise from rubbing against stuff.

Kind of wish I'd been wearing it a few weeks ago when I got mild concussion from running into a low door (in a woods!)...

3 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

Unfortunately, I think that's where this is heading. 

Was really hoping someone would come in with a gem like - the new TMC ones are the dogs bollocks or check this brand out etc. 

If it helps soften the blow, resale markets for real steel helmets are very strong. You should either be able to find one in decent condition, for less than new, or at the least sell your new one in the future for close to what you paid for it 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.