New player

Visage77

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, sent last week for the first time with my brother, loved it and will be back, looking at getting some of my own kit.. where can I buy second hand gear from and how do I know what to buy lol. Fancy a rifle of some sort and a pistol. Suggestions welcome. Cheers

If you’re buying, it’s not legal for anyone to sell you a toy weapon that isn’t at least 51% a prescribed bright colour without a legal defence, sorry.

As for buying, there are a ton of websites, forums, discords etc to choose from

rdb

Welcome

Do lots of reading on the forum.  Search for various topics and you're likely to find answers.

Research is the key to getting a good deal, not wasting money and not being disappointed...

1 hour ago, Visage77 said:

Hi all, sent last week for the first time with my brother, loved it and will be back, looking at getting some of my own kit.. where can I buy second hand gear from and how do I know what to buy lol. Fancy a rifle of some sort and a pistol. Suggestions welcome. Cheers

Hey welcome. If you're looking to get a RIF (instead of an IF which is two-tone, brightly coloured) now then sellers need to have a "defense" for selling it to you, essentially they need to know you're an airsofter.

The main scheme that most sites run is UKARA, which is where if you attend 3 games over a period greater than 2 months, at the same site, you'll be put onto the UKARA database and be able to purchase RIFs. So if you've already attended one game and your site is using UKARA then I'd recommend attending another two games at that site and you'll be able to pick some up 👍

There's no harm as well in just asking the site shop if they'll sell you a RIF, considering you're attending the game day and some retaillers will accept this as a defense.

From a second-hand point of view, there's a classifieds section here you could browse through - prefired.com is another site.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  You get a huge adrenaline hit from your first day, just stick to basic stuff until you're sure that you're going to enjoy the hobby long term.

Pretty much anything that PatrolBase sell will do you OK. I'm not saying buy from there, just check out the range.  CYMA, Jing Gong, Specna Arms, Double Eagle, Lancer Tactical should be fine.  I'd avoid Nuprol.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-assault-rifles-all

SMGs also work, as long as they have full sized gearboxes.  That means the MP5s and upwards here, not the R-4, V-61 or MAC-10.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-electric-submachine-gun

Pistols are mostly just for pose value in woodland, you'll rarely use them.  I run a cheap Army Armament R17 mock-Glock green gas blowback pistol which is fun in CQB. I've tried a CYMA electric pistol: they do work all year round, but are very low powered.

As above, you're limited to what you can get your hands on at the moment.  Some sellers care about a defence more than others. Buying a "two tone" isn't the end of the world though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.