Profile badges and rank progress

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If it is possible, is there any chance we could either get the badges retroactively or just do away with the system?  I'm not saying it's the end of the world and if it's a lot of work then it makes sense to just ignore it entirely, but the fact it says I earned the 'rookie' rank in July this year does cause some minor dissonance in my brain.

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

How do you mean early days?  This system only got added within the last year or so.

aye thats when i mean, right after it was added and you'd get a notification every other day about it.

32 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Alright, well I don't worry much rest assured, but it slightly irks me hence asking the question.

Gotta admit - it irked me when new-ish members with ~100 posts has a higher rank than me - because they spammed in the first few weeks of the new system.

I haven't hit the 1k mark yet largely because I try to only post if I have something worth saying. I stay well out of the new members section where there seems to be a deluge of largely useless (and in my cynical mind somewhat insincere) 'welcome to the forums' posts by those hell bent to artificially 'up' their post count and ranking.

Hey-ho. It is what it is I suppose.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Me.  Is that allowed?

Not for peasants.

image.png.5c6aba6d54f7591f31b9d1af8c61b9f0.png

But... yes, yes it's all rather silly.  I assume/hope that it was just a checkbox on an Invision update. I'd be happy for it to be unchecked, and never spoken of again.  Quantity is not quality.

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Gotta admit - it irked me when new-ish members with ~100 posts has a higher rank than me - because they spammed in the first few weeks of the new system.

I haven't hit the 1k mark yet largely because I try to only post if I have something worth saying. I stay well out of the new members section where there seems to be a deluge of largely useless (and in my cynical mind somewhat insincere) 'welcome to the forums' posts by those hell bent to artificially 'up' their post count and ranking.

Hey-ho. It is what it is I suppose.

Well said 🙂

• Root Admin

I'll put up a poll for this soon and we'll see if it stays or goes.

17 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Not for peasants.

image.png.5c6aba6d54f7591f31b9d1af8c61b9f0.png

But... yes, yes it's all rather silly.  I assume/hope that it was just a checkbox on an Invision update. I'd be happy for it to be unchecked, and never spoken of again.  Quantity is not quality.

Yeh, it was a checkbox. I think we've all had a chance to experience it by now though.

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Good shout. I've just done that now.

Will revisit this thread in a week to see if that's enough or not, then go to a vote.

Nice one boss man

4 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

This seems appropriate.....

You're only saying that because you're on 13/14

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

You're only saying that because you're on 13/14

Jealous?

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Jealous?

The aching void in my darkened soul can only be filled with.....

STEEEENKING BADGESSSSSSSS

You know it!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.