Was gifted an Classic Army M15A4 Rifle, need it looked at/upgraded. Where to go in London?

TheFriendlyBro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you've got other RIFs to use might be the perfect oportunity to start doing your own teching and upgrading. M4 platform is pretty easy to work on , changing hop rubber, barrel etc is straight forward and plenty of how too's for V2 box's out there.

Hi @TheFriendlyBro

Yeah as said by Nick G have a go yourself.

Set some sort of work surface up,have some good lighting and a few screwdrivers and hex keys etc and start dismantling.

It helps as well to take close up pics as you open things up. That way you can refer back to your pics if you get stuck.

It's really not that difficult and you may find out you enjoy tinkering 👍

Regards 

Thanks for the suggestions for a bit of self learning but as of now, I'm just hoping to find myself a good tech for some servicing and upgrades.

I heard Zero One offer something that I'm after, so I might just go with them or Wolf Armouries that's in London.

I've heard some horror stories about Wolf Armories might want to do a bit of reading up on them beforehand.

Does your regular site not have a tech? Perhaps they or another regular there might have a contact. Would definitely be worth asking around next skirmish you're at.

• Supporters

Question, have you actually tried it ?, does it work & shoot straight, ideally with a 300+ fps, if the answer is yes to those 3 questions then leave it be, get out & use it until it really does need looking at, by which time you'll have more info on who & where to take it to. 

While I can't comment on wolf armouries tech abilities, their poor customer service & general shit eating attitude is legendary, on that basis alone I'd avoid them. 

I know it’s not quite in London but I’ve used Airsoft Monkey in Stevenage and can vouch for his work. Like all good techs though, he does have a 4-6 week waiting list last time I checked. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.