M4 pistol grip compatibility

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, SBoardley said:

G&p LMT on ics ebb. 

The EBB lower gearboxes have different geometry to the non-ebb models. You also can't mix and match the Non-EBB and EBB uppers and lowers.

I have an ICS EBB model grip (UK1), and it will not fit any ICS Non-EBB models (of which I have three).

image.png.34fc86c4aa7f0c888ccc5eb0e61ad0a7.png

I have a Specna Edge too. I'll try and fit the MTR grip later. It'll be interesting to see if it fits.

Edited by Speedbird_666

Yeah I know the gearbox are different between the two ics versions… I have them both in my possession but never fitted one to the older non bb. So will be interested to see your results mate. 

• Supporters
17 hours ago, steverebo said:

Are all m4 pistol grips compatible with all m4 aeg's?

Some to some, not all to all, pretty clearly.  But that's not what you're really interested in.

17 hours ago, steverebo said:

I have a specna arms sa-07 edge and wondered if the ICS MTS M4/M16 Tactical Pistol Grip is compatible?

Good call on binning of the Specna grip, that quick-drop base-plate is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

All I'll say is that one of these fine looking fellows fits my SA-EO2 Edge, with the motor angle seeming OK.  I don't remember having to file anything off to get a good engagement, although I may have done so without registering it as a significant event (airsoft, after all).

AliExpress, "Tactical M4 M16 AR15 Pistol Grip", doesn't appear to be brand-named in any way.

image.png.12b1257da895cf23fcad959f58133e1b.png

Ok, I've thrown a few on to test (note i didn't fit motors):

image.png.c60dcf100806e8821fdcb82cdbedfddf.png

ICS MTR Grip - horrible fit - note the gap at the front and the angle even when tightened:

image.png.929a6846b71327579869f71ad6a756e0.png

G&G Ergo grip (nearly identical to @Rogerborg's Aliexpress offering) - perfect fit with excellent grip/gearbox spacing, this was what was on the gun up till now.

image.png.b506e97faf2f7eee19698077b8659549.png

Ares Ameoba Aliexpress knockoff - good fit, but will need a bit of spacing between the grip and gearbox (I use 3D printed shims).

image.png.8d9e1fbf71fe7a7a5931e54d81987af1.png

ICS UK1 Grip - better than the MTR, but will need some dremelling at the front to get a flush fit with the rear receiver.

image.png.0a22cca56b76741485d30278b1919e90.png

Hope that helps.

I would go for what Mr Borg suggested personally. Comfy enough and should be an easy drop-in fit.

I've found the tensioning screw in the base of the G&G Ergo grip a little weak.  Nothing thread lock wont cure but still annoying.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.