JD Airsoft

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having searched for JD Airsoft in these forums, and finding a bunch of negative comments regarding their comms, I thought it fair to let you know how my experience went:

TLDR; It went well :)

I emailed them with a question about the battery compartment in the morning, got a reply within an hour from their sales chap Nathan.

I went ahead and bought a gun and some BBs late in the afternoon.  

Overnight I realised I needed some extra bits and pieces, so emailed again, asking if both the orders could be dispatched under one p&p. 
Got a quick affirmative reply in the morning - raised a new order, and as directed set it to 'collection' to avoid the delivery charge

(Here's the slightly disappointing wrinkle...)
Checked the website later.  The second order showed as 'dispatched', the first showed as 'preparing'.

After a day with no change I emailed them to ask for a progress report...

(And back to the good stuff...)

Literally-actually-really-truthfully! within 3 minutes of sending that email, the UPS chap turned up.

So they don't update their website order tracking very well (or maybe my order-merge wasn't something they could cope with.

Also they sent emails acknowledging the first order, but not the second, then two WorldPay transaction messages.  There was no email on dispatch.

All in all, would order from them again.  I think the minimum delivery charge is £10 which is a tiny bit steep, but the customer service was good, and the delivery was on time.

Shame the comms didn't work perfectly but maybe that's down to my second order.  

I'd use them again.

I got my Golden Eagle gas boomstick from them earlier this year and had no problems. 

One thing to take into account with reviews is that a happy customer will tell one person, whereas an unhappy one will tell 10.

Edited by Cannonfodder
Bloody auto correct

3 hours ago, Steveocee said:

I used to order loads from JD, they used to do a UPS collection service which was super cheap. Since then they seem to have upped the delivery so they have receoved less of my money in favour of smaller and local shops.

Yeah it's always struck me as super-easy to piss someone off with a high p&p cost.  Amazon have made a whole business (Prime) out of selling us the ability to get things 'fast and free' because it makes the purchase so painless.  Of course we've paid £70 (or whatever it is these days) up-front for the privilege, but damn, it works.  Human psychology is a blunder-ful thing!

You can see some higher unit prices on eBay too, but again they'll often capture my business even if the total is the same or slightly lower, along with the 'free p&p' wording.

Ant Supplies will always get business from me because they'll do anything p&p included, though I feel guilty when I'm buying cheap stuff and the costs must surely be destroying their profit margin.
One day I'll buy something more substantial, just to assuage my guilt!

Anyway - JD's charge of £11 for my F2000 and 18,000 BB's and other bits'n'bobs in a hefty box was fair.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.