F2000 sling

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh blimey.   So I've just ordered a Cybergun F2000, with my fingers firmly crossed that it won't be a lemon and an awful purchase... I've noticed it's quite a heavy gun at over 3kg, and now I see it doesn't have any sling points as standard!

As I've got an 800m walk to and from our safe zone to the battle area, and I'm typically lugging two guns and a rucksack, a sling is pretty useful... Actually the single point sling I run on my m4 is one of my best purchases as it's kept me from getting aching arms through the day 

So you guys who have had these before; any recommendations for sourcing one of the special slings / straps?  Or on how to make one?

So I could just run one of these cheap things around the stock and through the slots, attach the single point to the d-ring and I'm golden...?  Cool.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Universal-D-Ring-Sling-point-Adapter-rifle-buttstock-Loop-Strap-Airsoft-/353409589012?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Is the 1.25" width of that strap the standard size that will fit through the slots ok?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters

the way i ran mine was using what's sometimes referred to as a "tactical thong" around the back of the rifle, then with the front tri-rail installed it was convenient to put on an SA80 sling. had to run the sling on the loose side as the f2000 isn't as long as an sa80 and the amount of slack when switching it from 2 point to 1 point mode meant it was either too tight in 1-point or too loose in 2-point.

pic pinched from one of my old sales posts:

IMG_20201003_143452.jpg.6f607840f1abd48388c1661098d3328a.jpg

You had me at 'thong'

That's a lot of webbing.  You've got a fetish haven't you :D     
When you say "an old sales post", you sold these?  But now you don't?   Bah humbug, my timing sucks :)

The tri-rail is a cool thing.  As I want to add a ris rail to the front to mount a stubby grip, I've either got to get one of those (expensive, hard to find), get someone to 3D print one for me from a thingiverse model (I don't know anyone with a printer) or try to mount it into / onto the existing handguard. 

If it's the latter - do you think it's feasible?  Is the supplied plastic handguard solid enough to cut into and support a rail, something like this?   
(I'm not worried about the side rails, just one short section at the front would be enough)

image.png.eb01b292486b87c3f3640df46ab54234.png

2 hours ago, Paul72 said:

31mm should just fit, 

Looking again at the ebay listing, it says 1.25" / 32mm 😛   Still, it's a fiver, I've ordered one anyway.  I guess the slot could be gently filed an extra 0.5mm on each side if need be, without weakening the whole thing(?)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

That's a lot of webbing.  You've got a fetish haven't you :D     

i just didn't want the gun falling on the ground :P

19 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

When you say "an old sales post", you sold these?  But now you don't?   Bah humbug, my timing sucks :)

nah i was selling the gun as a package, although didn't get much traction so ended up splitting, iirc i sold the sling with the tri-rail then sold the gun sans-sling.

19 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The tri-rail is a cool thing.  As I want to add a ris rail to the front to mount a stubby grip, I've either got to get one of those (expensive, hard to find), get someone to 3D print one for me from a thingiverse model (I don't know anyone with a printer) or try to mount it into / onto the existing handguard. 

yeah the tri-rails for the f2000's were difficult to get a hold of, one day my local managed to find a bunch of them and i instantly bought one.

i know the real gun had a version of the handguard with a short section of rail protruding from it, but personally i preferred the whole-hog tri-rail as it's juust long enough to fit a 203 onto.....

23 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

If it's the latter - do you think it's feasible?  Is the supplied plastic handguard solid enough to cut into and support a rail, something like this?   
(I'm not worried about the side rails, just one short section at the front would be enough)

on the g&g version the handguard was hollow plastic (made of 2 halves similar to the main body of the gun), probably would be strong enough to cut a hole and mount a rail into it if you printed a block that would sit tight on the inside of the shell to mount to.

Just to complete this thread for anyone who comes across it in the future, I bought a stock sling adapter off eBay.  It's a d-ring on a length of webbing with a standard buckle on one end.  Cost a fiver.

It was too short to fit around the end of the stock through the sling slots. At 41cm that should have been blindingly obvious to me before I bought it 🥴 It was also a little wide, the slots are just under 30mm wide, but the 1.25"/32mm webbing will fit through with gentle persuasion.

However, rather than buying a second one and linking them together, I decided to just run it through the thumbhole and over the top of the receiver, just in front of the rear sight.  This works fine.  The d-ring is available to the left for my single point sling to attach to, and it holds the weight of the gun at the center of gravity so I don't feel it is stressing the bodywork in any way.

That does leave the gun dangling a little lower than I'd like but it'll do.

The sling is definitely important because this gun is a chunky beast, feels noticeably heavier than my m4, at least until it's shouldered. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Universal-D-Ring-Sling-point-Adapter-Rifle-Buttstock-Loop-Strap-Airsoft-/194351061265

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.